Starbucks

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Dew and rum and I'm all set
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

waterguy wrote:Dew and rum and I'm all set
I love coffee and tea, but that was my college drink! (Captain Morgan's and Mt. Dew :D ) and I still love the rum! 8)
Image[/url]
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I am bad. I do the Diet Dew and coffee! :shock:
(not mixed together, of course)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

When I was a teenager, I worked at our neighborhood theatre. They had a fountain with Mt. Dew on tap. The way they kept inventory of how many drinks were sold was by the cup count, so the other girl who worked there and I would share a cup and refill it a lot. We paid the employee rate for the first cup of The Dew of course. Geez... I started a life of crime at an early age! I have since gone on to steal pens from work. Is there any hope for me? :shock: :lol:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

CG said:
I have since gone on to steal pens from work. Is there any hope for me? :shock: :lol:

You criminal!! :lol:
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

California Girl wrote:When I was a teenager, I worked at our neighborhood theatre. They had a fountain with Mt. Dew on tap. The way they kept inventory of how many drinks were sold was by the cup count, so the other girl who worked there and I would share a cup and refill it a lot. We paid the employee rate for the first cup of The Dew of course. Geez... I started a life of crime at an early age! I have since gone on to steal pens from work. Is there any hope for me? :shock: :lol:
Ha! I worked at a theater too, and they tracked everything the same way. I ate enough theater-style popcorn and drank enough pink lemonade in those few years to last me the rest of my life!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I love Starbucks coffee. The Christmas blend is my absolute favorite and we're already on our second case of it. I'm also a fan of the new "skinny" lattes, my favorite being the skinny gingerbread latte that they had for the holidays. So for me, a tall skinny gingerbread latte, which is a small gingerbread latte flavored with sugar-free syrup and made with non-fat milk, and all for just 90 calories. Yum. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

I can't pay that much for coffee on a regular basis. If I do want an iced mocha mint latte, I'll go to one of the local espresso places owned by a nice small family.

For regular brew I hit D&D... that's right, Dunkin' Donuts!!

The locals here in Ipswich go to Marty's DonutLand- been here since the 50's and still in b'dness with a D&D up the street.

Rock on Marty!
RickG

Post by RickG »

On inventory by the cup, the funny thing is that cups cost more than the soda! The only other option is to weigh the soda kegs, or the mylar bags of syrup. Portion control can get crazy in restaurants because manager and chef bonuses are so driven by food cost.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

RickG wrote: Portion control can get crazy in restaurants because manager and chef bonuses are so driven by food cost.

Cheers, RickG
Jeez, Rick! From now on I'm coming to you instead of Wikipedia! How do you know all this stuff? :D
RickG

Post by RickG »

Well, I did pay for University working food service. That, and I'm finishing writing a business plan for a brewpub for a friend of mine... time spent hanging out with people who use "food cost" as a verb.

"Geek"

Cheers, RickG

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:46 am.
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI