I'm slowly inching my way to STJ!!

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

I'm slowly inching my way to STJ!!

Post by Coden »

Only fifteen short days to go! Woo-hoo!! And our check off list is getting shorter.

A- Snorkel gear is packed.
B- Recv'd underwater case and slap straps on Friday.
C- Must have foods, sunscreen, bugspray and toiletry suitcase packed and weighed. And everything is in plastic bags so as not to ruin everything "if" something should burst. And, we are under by 5 lbs. :lol:
D- Credit cards clean and ready to Load Up!! :)
E- Books, cards, games, etc packed.

All that is left to do is to decide on the clothing and I am going to do that this afternoon.

We booked this trip in March and I can't believe that the time is almost here.

Don't mean to be bragging, I'm just getting really, really excited!!! :wink:
Coden
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

You should be excited! We're not going back for another year, and I'm excited. I guess it's going to be a long year, ha ha. Have a great trip!
KenJ

Post by KenJ »

You'll be there before you know it...Have fun. 136 days till "wheels Up' here
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

As for the clothing, put it all out today; and then take 1 piece away for the next 15 days; you should be good to go then.

I thought I had packed pretty light for our 2 weeks, but still came back with stuff not worn.

We saw several people re-loading and unloading stuff at the airport in st. thomas; so they do take the weight seriously. I think Don noticed that one of our bags was just ounces below the limit :lol:

Our next trip to St. John is probably 700 days away.
janet
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thnx guys!!!!

jayseadee - good idea on the clothing!! :)

One good thing about our big suitcase is that for our return trip home it will be loaded with our clothes, books, cards and stuff like that. I'm throwing away or leaving behind anything we didn't use all of the contents of, like sun screen, lotions, etc. So we'll just have lightweight backpacks with camera's, cd players, etc. to haul with us.
Coden
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I had a friend that would pack her old underwear for vacation and then just throw it out instead of bringing it home. She did the same thing with old t-shirts, wear them to the beach a few days and throw them out. She would also pack either travel size toiletries or regular bottles that were half full, so she wouldn't have to lug them home.
That way she had room for the things that she bought and she wouldn't have a ton of laundry and unpacking to do when she got home.

Have a great time!!!
Berlingirl

Traveling during the holidays

Post by Berlingirl »

Am envious of all you people who get to spend holidays on St John/St thomas. My husband runs a small meat company so those times are when he is working the most hours and getting out of here is unheard of! I don't want to say one day we'll be down there for Christmas, New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th July, etc because that will mean that we'll have lost the business battle...

So enjoy and know how lucky you guys really are!!!
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Coden - That's hardly bragging! If it is bragging, then everyone on this board is a braggart! LOL! You'll see me bragging at the end of April, so go for it! Have an absolutely excellent time (like I need to say that!). :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Coden

Post by Coden »

:lol: Xislandgirl - as much as I'd like to do that, it was pounded into our heads that one must never leave the house with old underwear. :oops: :lol:

Berlingirl - this is the 1st holiday in 28 yrs, other than 4th of July or Labor Day, that we have left home.
There's hope for you too!! :D

CaGirl - I'll be rooting for you come April as well. And crying too since I won't be going!! LOL

Jorge - We'll get the White Trash "goin' ons" started for you and will have STJ primed by the time you get there!
Coden
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Brag away I know I will only 40 days till toes in the sand
Coden

Post by Coden »

waterguy, I can't wait to dig my toes into the sand. Man, that is what it is all about!! :D
Coden
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Hi Coden!
If you think you are bragging, just wait until May! Have fun with your last minute packing! I think you have it all under control:)
Have one, or several ;) for me!!!
Have a wonderful trip!
Ky girl
Coden

Post by Coden »

Hey Kygirl! Thanks and I will have one or two for ya!

Are you freezing over there? I am and I am hating it too. We are at 34 and falling, right now. I've not ventured outside all day and dread having to tomorrow!
Coden
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

34 I wish it was 34 just came in 15 out and they are calling for single digits