Who wants to help me?

Travel discussion for St. John
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

I did not know I could take a wonderful picture that someone has posted and make it my desktop - Too Cool!!! WAKECLT: Your sunset shot is just amazing and now on my desktop too. I wonder......could you make a slide show of various pictures from the forum and use that as your screen saver???
Wakeclt

Post by Wakeclt »

You're quite welcome. Glad a part-time lurker could make a positive contribution here!

Heading back to STJ early December. Maybe I can continue to post some nice pics shortly after!
jmq

Post by jmq »

Lots here to choose from:
http://flickr.com/groups/78947230@N00/
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Here's my contribution (even though you already chose a picture). I have a bigger version if anyone chooses to use this picture and needs a larger version of it. :D

Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

CG,
I had one similar to yours of Trunk that I had taken and used as my screen saver too. I just replaced it today with Wakeclt's pic. They are both beautiful to see everyday!
Image[/url]
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I have a dumb question. What time of day do you get to the beach to find it without ANY peeps?? Another question.......what is the best time of day for beach pics to get the best lighting, colors, reflections, etc?? I think I'm sleeping in too late. Better cut down on the painkillers. :cry:
California Girl

I always have people in my pictures until I get them into Photoshop! Sneaky, huh? Also, I don't know about time of day, but I can tell you our pictures came out much better in '05 because we had perfect weather and sunny days. This past May we had a lot of rainy overcast days, so we didn't get the vibrant colors in our photos this time. Guess we just have to go back! [sigh!] :roll:

P.S. Not a dumb question at all! :D
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Well I learn something new every day!! I didn't think about erasing people. What a great idea!!!!

We had a lot of haze while I was there the end of July and first part of August. I'll blame that on the lack of vibrant colors.

Thanks, CG girl.
California Girl

cypressgirl wrote:Well I learn something new every day!! I didn't think about erasing people. What a great idea!!!!
I have the most beautiful shot of Trunk Bay from the lookout with not a soul on the beach. (snicker, snicker!) It looks like a cover for CT&L - LOL!
RickG

Post by RickG »

bugblu98 wrote:RickG ~

Give the girl your donkey pic! When I come into work and turn on my computer to see that darn donkey, it starts my day with a smile :wink:

XOXO
Bug
Uhhhhh, was that one from the private collection? I was cooking dinner tonight and my lover said "Have you been sending Bug pictures? Is there something I need to know?"

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
California Girl

Were you maybe thinking of this goofy-looking guy?

LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

martini girl

Post by martini girl »

The sunsets and beach scenes always make me go "ahhhh" but that donkey picture just cracks me up everytime I see it. Thanks for the laugh CG. :D
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

If you go to Trunk Bay in late August, September, or early October, and you arrive after 4pm, there are many, many times you will be the only people on the beach (perhaps a handful of others at the most)--you can get your gorgeous pics WITHOUT erasing anyone! :D
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

CG,
I love, love, love that picture of your ass. Would you mind if I used it on a t-shirt?
Amy
When will I see St John again?