Shipping to Connections via USPS

Travel discussion for St. John
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

And you want to ship just to avoid checking luggage?

But, then, I'm one of those who couldn't fit just my flip flops in carry-on. :oops:

I hope it works out for you.
janet
hardonyou

Post by hardonyou »

So, I went to the post office on Thursday. The nice lady there assured me that if I used overnight mail it would reach it's destination in 2-3 days. She said this is because the post office has no interest in giving you your money back, so they check the status of stations that the mail will travel through before telling you a guaranteed date. This satisfied me, she said my package would arrive before monday and it actually only took only 24 hours to get there, delivery was confirmed yesterday with the tracking number and with connections this morning via phone. YEY! no need to worry about carry on! Thank you to everyone for your advice.

Oh and if anyone else chooses to send ahead, if you track the package it may say that delivery was attempted at Connections but they weren't open and a notice was left. This is actually false I found out, Connections picks up their mail at the post office, so this is actually just notifying you that it reached STJ. Once connections picks it up, and you track again, you will receive a message of who signed for it at what time.

We leave THURSDAY!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

This is a great thread because I'm determined to go carry-on only! Shipping some stuff ahead of time might be a good option for me. I'm also thinking more extreme -- like getting LASEK before I go so that I don't have to worry about bringing contact lens solution. (OK, STJ isn't the only reason I want to get the surgery, but snorkeling without contacts would be fantastic!)

Thanks to all you contributors for the info!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Hooray for the USPS! Have a great vacation. :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
hardonyou

Post by hardonyou »

For me carry-on only is the only way to go. I have had too many bad checked luggage experiences to even mention (one time my snowboard got caught between two conveyor belts and was burned until it represented a churro). Also, I just enjoy traveling as light as humanly possible. Four more days until departure!!!!!!!!!!!!!