Final Report 6-16 / 6-25 new pics

Travel discussion for St. John
JJShaw

Final Report 6-16 / 6-25 new pics

Post by JJShaw »

We went back to Trunk later on for a bit to Snorkel alittle more and try to get a few more pics. We went back to villa for a bit...got in the pool for a bit and grilled steaks, took a walk back into town. We bought a chest from Ruth for my son and shopped trying to get all those gifts for everyone..We were tired and soon headed back the Villa.
Saturday,
We had decided to try Skinny legs for lunch and we had lost our lens cover for the camera on the day sail..Captain Clark had found it and called so we decided to go over to Coral bay one more time have lunch and get gas at Dominos. We had heard he was the cheapest place on the island. The Lunch was good. I had the usual burger and he had Mahi Mahi Burger we watched a bird that kept jumping on the steps wanting a hand out.. lol We stopped at a cpl of the shops near Skinny legs bought my daughter a cute little dress and headed out to Dominos to get gas. We had planned on Snorkeling at Cinnamon and had only brought the basics with us, CC and a little bit of cash... What we didnt realize was Dominos doesnt take CC's til he had filled the Vitara, We ended up going all the way back to Cruz Bay to get the poor guy some cash. We left him Hubby's ID. for collateral. We were just having a good time and didnt even notice he didnt take them til it was too late..and it was a nice trip back over Centerline road to see it all for the last time..We got the gas all taken care of. Went to Cinnamon and decided to trek it over to the plane that was supposed to be ..We had asked the Ranger about it he told us about where it could be found. We made it out too where it was... got in the water and near the plane was a huge Stingray just looking at me thru the sand..all I could see at first were 2 eyes...I know he was thinking..peek a boo..I see you...lol He soon swam away and we found what was left of the plane with no problem took a few pics of it.. which I will post in the link below..took a few pics at that beach and headed back over to Cinnamon. It had been a neat day for snorkeling some of the better pics I think we have .. we took that day. We went back to the Villa, pooled it for awhile and decided to head back to the Villa and get a few things together and do abit of laundry for the trip home.
Sunday -
We hadnt been to Honeymoon and Solomon beaches...2 that were on our list. We headed down the trail. and before too long was at Honeymoon..seems someone had broken the sign that would tell us to make a left to Solomon. I have to wonder why people do this?? The one at Drunk bay was broken down also. We took a few pics at Honeymoon and headed over to Solomon. I have always thought Trunk was beautiful but I have to say I think Solomon is right up there with it. I must have taken 100 pics..We soon we off snorkeing there all the way over to Honeymoon and back to the left side of Solomon. We heard someone talking when we 1st got there. We looked and saw a lady on the phone. Soon she had disappeared . We didnt realize til we were in the water and I looked up to see where we where that she was sunbathing nude in the rocks..It didnt bother us went kept on snorkeling but I do think she was surprised when another cpl from one of the snorkel boats that came into Honeymoon stumbled upon her while walking..LOL. We took a few more pics and headed back out to the car .. Went to the Villa had a some lunch...pooled it again for a bit and got ready to head to the beach bar...Today was the meeting day of all the Forumites and we wanted to meet who we could. We were late getting there...but Ruth was there, we also met Anita, Bob and there 2 sons, Traci in WI and also Barb Y. It was nice putting faces with names and meeting everyone. We all compared notes.. even Hook Bracelets...someone got a pic of all the bracelets .. hopefully it will get posted..It was so nice to meet all of you...we enjoyed it very much...TY :) We stayed for a bit..ran to a cpl of the gift shops and headed back for a good nights sleep. All in all we had a wonderful time , (although we wont be renting that particular Villa again) im sure we will be coming back another time before too long.
Monday we turned in our car at Suttons .. he was very nice and I would rent from him again... caught the ferry over to St Thomas, went to the airport got checked in with no problems, had lunch and was sad to be leaving :( We had such a wonderful time and really wished we had just a few more days there was still so much we didnt get to do.We took off right on time and once again all our luggage had made it, nothing lost. I did have some coconut rum that had gotten broken on my bag.I bet someone was upset their booze was busted....next time I will know not to do laundry before I leave..lol Infact we had such a good time that when we found out a cpl nights ago we were gonna be kidless for another week...we looked at each other....grinned and immediately started checking Air fare...It truly is a magical place and I cant think of somewhere else Id rather take a vacation.
Thanks for reading my posts and for all the nice comments, We've been adding pics all day please feel free to look we're adding more each day..I inlcuded the link for them.
[/url]
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
INfamily

Post by INfamily »

Great pictures! Can you tell me how to find the remains of the downed plane at Cinnamon? We knew it was there, but have never asked anyone exactly where it is. thanks!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

thanks for the report
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Loved your report and pictures!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Thanks for the report - sooo much fun to read :)

Pia
Bill in Va

Good stuff

Post by Bill in Va »

Hey there. I also thank you for the report and great pic's.....If you have the time, and bucks,....get those plane tkts NOW, you can make more money but you can't make more time....God bless...Bill
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Great reports and pics! Solomon is an awesome beach seems like I always take the most pics there. Probably have ten pics of Solomon for every one of the other beaches.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Thanks for the great trip report and pics!
JnJShaw

Post by JnJShaw »

Thanks for the replys. I'm the other half of JJShaw and have enjoyed all the information this forum has supplied prior to our trip. I look forward to future trips and meeting more St John travelers.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

INfamily wrote:Great pictures! Can you tell me how to find the remains of the downed plane at Cinnamon? We knew it was there, but have never asked anyone exactly where it is. thanks!
You would need to hike over to Little Cinnamon from Cinnamon,go to the left of the beach and look for the trail...there is a turn gate (of sort) go thru it.. keep going over the rocks til you get to the beach..there is part of a rock wall remaining on the beach...the plane sits just about straight in front of it,about 20 ft out...or you could just snorkel from Cinnamon. We were gonna snorkel back to Cinnamon rather than taking the trail. But our things would have gotten wet..although I think it would have been easier than the trail... :? but its easy to find. We checked with the Ranger and he told us how to get there..there is also mention of it in the book " St John Beach Guide ".pg 102.
[/url]
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Thank you all for taking the time to read my reports :)

CptnKirk: I think you are right about Solomon. Its one of the prettiest beaches on the island. We took alot more pics there than any other place,and definetly more than any other beach.. :lol:
[/url]
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

JJ Shaw
Great report and pix. My wife and I also vote for Honeymoon and Solomon as our favoitie beaches. We always go there first and after visting our other choices , Cinnamon, Salt Pond etc we alway make our way back to Honeymoon and Solomon by the end of most days and always the last day.
scott
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

You found the plane! My husband snorkeled around the area where it is supposed to be for at least 30 min and could not find it - can't wait to show him your picture of it. 8)

Great report! Thanks for sharing :)
Captain Scott

Post by Captain Scott »

JJ:

Sorry we missed everyone at the Beach Bar Sunday, Kate and I were there. We showed up but were a bit late. As you know it was packed. I didn't see anyone with Forum shirts and we just didn't connect with anyone. The music was great. Hopefully next time around we'll be able to also "put the faces with the names".

Enjoyed your trip report.
"If your attitude is appaling there is a latitude calling"