Crocs - Love them or Hate them?

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Crocs - Love them or Hate them?

Post by flip-flop »

Ok, I NEVER thought I'd contemplate buying a pair but now three people (upon hearing of my lower back issues and herniated discs etc) have recommended Crocs to me. You guys know I am a die-hard FLIP-FLOPer! So, does anyone own any? Do you like em, love em, think they are just ok, hate em? They really aren't terribly expensive (about $30) so I am considering it ... if I can get past the fact that they just don't conform to my normal cute shoe standard.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

One word: HATE
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

HATE!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

just curious if the haters hate the look or the fit/feel of them?
I have a pair of "fake" crocs. I was a HATE but picked up a pair for the garden, etc. And they are comfy. BUT, the other day I nearly wiped out in mud in a parking lot! Scared the begeez out of myself!
So be cautious if you try them.

ps - herniated disc person here too :)
LC

Post by LC »

Can't say I'm a fan, but if they're comfy and good for around the house and yard, then go for it. I have to draw the line about wearing them "out" anyplace nice, though. My sister-in-law wears them EVERYWHERE, and it drives me nuts. :lol:
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

I definitely fall on the "hate" side of the line. They do look cute on kids, and they are fine for adults so long as you are wearing them in the garden, while doing yardwork, etc. I draw the line at wearing them as actual shoes in a public place, though.
hardonyou

Post by hardonyou »

I'm a HATER! I really cannot understand the appeal, however to each his own. They'll definitely end up on some "remember when" show.
MrB

Post by MrB »

HATE!!

W in his 'Crocs with black socks' hopefully this will not catch on as a trend!!
lovestj

crocs

Post by lovestj »

They are really comfortable and they do make a flip flop style. Look on thier web site.
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

I HATE but, my Grandaughter looks cute in them. I only like them on kids.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

and the good news is.........., they also come in a flip-flop ("athens" style) (probably made just for you!): http://shop.crocs.com/pc-14-4-athens.as ... n=products

... and yes, I confess, I do actually own a pair of crocs, not the flip flop style but the original "beach" style (that everyone seems to HATE (no offense taken)). They are super comfortable. I agree they look very cute on kids, not so cute on adults and with socks, a definite ugh! I will also agree that they are probably a trendy item. However, they do work well for various things and yes, I would even wear them to the grocery store. (The only real complaint for me would be that they make my feet dry. Sounds weird and it may be an issue personal to me???) Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Whew...I should have been more clear. Not do you love or hate the way they look...more have you worn a pair and if so, are they truly all that? Or are they just an overhyped fashion trend?

Not that I don't value all of your opinions, I DO! I am just desperate and have heard that the real deal crocs (not the knockoffs) are super comfy. To me that would be the only thing that would explain why so many people wear them cause I find them kind of homely. Almost so ugly that they are cute. But then I remember the "jellies" phase of the early 80's!:)
CShell1019

Post by CShell1019 »

niether hate nor love 'em but they are comfy - use 'em 'round the house and especially in the garden ever since I flipped then flopped when my flip flops caught on a tree root and I went down and broke my arm! Flip flops are dangerous! (or I am not particularly light on my feet!). For "dress up," going out and all the rest of the time nothing but nothing replaces my assortment of Birkies! First got 'em a million years ago, it seems, and have been addicted ever since. In the "old days" you couldn't be seen on STJ without 'em and I imagine they are still the real deal!
hardonyou

Post by hardonyou »

Who knew that footware could be so polarizing! AWESOME!

I would start a Kenny C. love or hate thred but I am affraid.............
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

FF, I tried the "fake" ones as a test to see if I would buy the real ones and I think I would, although I haven't yet ;)

I'm a Birkie girl too!