Longing to be on St. John.....

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

silverheels wrote:I'm not going but if the boat is not sold by Thanksgiving we might go down for the race. I'm thinking that Flip-Flop may be down then.
I will be I will be ... Nov 15-23! Join me :) I have to check out this beach bar everyone is talking about and write my name in the sand!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

RickG wrote:Hey MB, Unless I'm counting wrong, I'm going to make it on island 3 times since your last visit? Can that be right?

Cheers, RickG
What a meanie! Of course, yes, I am only saying this because I am JEALOUS. Can I have your travel budget and annual leave please? I need to be independently wealthy!
RickG

Post by RickG »

flip-flop wrote:
RickG wrote:Hey MB, Unless I'm counting wrong, I'm going to make it on island 3 times since your last visit? Can that be right?

Cheers, RickG
What a meanie! Of course, yes, I am only saying this because I am JEALOUS. Can I have your travel budget and annual leave please? I need to be independently wealthy!
Try independantly employed, one of the benefits is as much leave as I can take. Of course, I don't accrue annual leave!

2 trips this year without kids is as expensive as 1 trip with kids.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Hang in there! I feel as if I have been counting down forever yet I am just over a week away. The good thing about reality is that time does fly by. I will be wondering in 2 weeks from now where did the time go and you will be excited that you are two weeks closer. It will all be worth it in the end.
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

Marybeth, I read this earlier when I was at work and wanted to whine "mmmeeeee tooooo" but that that would be bad. Now that I know it's okay to whine, I'll just say meeeee tooo. Wah. :(
(It was a rough day at the office.)

Flip flop, I'll share my independent wealth if you share yours? First one wins! :)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

RickG - My problem with independent employment is that I can't afford the health coverage! With my kids, we all know I need good INSURANCE :)

MB - We can count down together! We're close enough. Maybe we can see each other through the glass at the airport or something.

OBSESSED - I'll share with you if you'll take me on your next trip ;)
RickG

Post by RickG »

flip-flop wrote:RickG - My problem with independent employment is that I can't afford the health coverage! With my kids, we all know I need good INSURANCE :)
I offer great healthcare to all of my folks - 100% paid Family coverage! It's a big attraction to some of the people I hire.

And, to stay on topic, I'm meeting this morning with a client who was on VG and STT on her honeymoon while I was down. She still has her tan and I still look like Mr. SPF 30.

Cheers, Rick
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Thanks for sharing the beeeeutiful pic MB!
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

I know exactly what you mean! I just started recruiting for an April '08 trip! I don't think it will take much arm twisting!!!! :lol:
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

I hear ya fruitcake! :wink:
Rachelle & Joe

Too long of a wait!!!!

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

:lol: Hi all!Just home from Anguilla 3-1/2 wks.! Great time beautiful island! also have booked villa for next yr. in gorgeous st.john, will be 4th stay on the island, it's alway's like going home for us, can't wait!!!It's the only thing that gets us thru the cold,depressing winters knowing when the snow melts (which around here could be May)! we'll be leaving for warm sunny st.john!!! by the way is there anyone out there that could help get a countdown ticker going for us???Leaving May 10,2008 ps..... if u can anything blue with sun on it would be appreciated !!!!! Thanks , Joe & Rachelle
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Joe check out the site above my ticker maybe they have something you would like. Good Luck!