Rough Plans for Upcoming Trip

Travel discussion for St. John
IA Joe

Rough Plans for Upcoming Trip

Post by IA Joe »

I don't want to have any rock solid plans for our upcoming week in the Virgin Islands, but here is my rough itinerary:

Thursday, 6/7: Fly to STT, rent Jeep, make way to ferry, settle into villa.

Friday, 6/8: Explore St. John. Hit some beaches, drive to east end. Learn the island.

Saturday, 6/9: New Horizons II trip to JVD.

Sunday, 6/10: Hit some St. John beaches and hit the forum get together at the Beach House :lol:

Monday, 6/11: Daysail on Gypsy Spirit II.

Tuesday, 6/12: Hit the beaches on St. John

Wedensday, 6/13: Check out of villa, head over to spend day on STT. Shopping, Megan's Bay, and another STT beach or two. Buy liquer to take home.

Thursday, 6/14: Travel home :(

I know this is pretty general, but we definitely don't want to be too structured. What do you think? Is it too much to try to do both the JVD trip on NHII and the local daysail on the Gypsy Spirit II? I know three days will not be enough for beach hopping on STJ, but that is what we will have if we do the two trips. Both sound like so much fun to us!

My wife, bless her soul, is not a big shopper, and I certainly am not, so I am not worried about not allowing enough time for shopping.

Of course we are assuming the high point of our trip will be the forum gathering at the Beach Bar!

IA Joe
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

We always plan 2 excursions in a 1 week stay. We really love to be on the water and love to snorkel places you can't get to without a boat. I think a powerboat trip and a day sail is perfect. The trip to Jost is always my favorite day. But we are not lay around the villa or nap on the beach kind of people. Even on our beach days, we do a lot of beach hopping. Hubby is a strong type A and youngest daughter is VERY ADHD with an emphasis on HYPERACTIVITY!

Be sure to post a report and have a great time. I wish I could join you all at the Beach Bar!
Knolmom

Rough plan

Post by Knolmom »

Your rough plan sounds great, except fot the last day on STT. Megans plus shopping plus another beach or two sounds a little ambitious to me, what with the car ferry schedule and the traffic and parking on STT.
Depending on where you are staying, and what time you will be able to check in, I think its a little risky to be driving around and parking at the beaches or while shopping with your luggage in the car.
Think I would opt for Megans or Secret Harbor after you have secured your luggage, or maybe ask if you can drop off the luggage at your hotel and then set out to shop or enjoy Megans. Maybe a sunset walk on the beach at Secret Harbor followed by a farewell dinner at the Blue Moon.
Enjoy your vacation!
HawkeyeChick

Post by HawkeyeChick »

It's nice to see fellow Iowans. Cheers. We're headed out a few weeks after you so I'll be looking forward to a trip report (if you are so inclined). :)
starfish

Post by starfish »

I think it is possible to shop and go to Megans beach in one day. You would probably be going to the beach, then heading shopping with a t-shirt and shorts over your swimsuit, buy your liquor, go back to the hotel and then clean up for dinner. Or you could head out shopping after checking in, then return to your hotel to change for Megan's bay. For me, shopping is over in less than two hours, so there is still some time to enjoy one last beach. Megan's is very pretty. I would go there or to Secret Harbor if you are closer to Red Hook.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I like your plan and would like to come along, but I just got back last week.

I would suggest Saphire Beach for the last day. It's less crowded and the snorkling a week ago Sunday was outstanding.

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.
Man it's like some dream we live down here....