St. John in May

Travel discussion for St. John
JohnThomas

St. John in May

Post by JohnThomas »

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I posted but I continue to enjoy reading all of the posts & trip reports! I have been to St. John several times but mostly in June. We will be traveling this year in May and I'm wondering if there is much difference? In June we find it fairly quiet, calm waters, & perfect weather :D Sad to hear that Tourist Trap will not be open-one of our favorites! We have stayed in various places- Villa Splendore, Maho Bay Camps (sad they're gone), Rick's Hideaway, a villa on Gift Hill, etc-this year we are going to stay at Samuel Cottages. Also wondering if anyone has any pictures of Cottage #2? Seen quite a few of cottage #1's view but not much on #2. Great to be back!!!! Thanks in advance!
chele3573

Re: St. John in May

Post by chele3573 »

We will be on St John 14-21 May. We are staying at Sapphire Breeze villa. My second time on St John and my wifes 4th.
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

We are staying at Samuel Cottages in cottage #1 in May (arriving on the 17th). This will be our 3rd time to stay in #2 and have stayed in #3 many times. We have been to St. John the last of May and also in June and there was not much difference in the weather. Enjoy your trip!
msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

Hi - Any pics of Samuels Cottage #2 or #3? We're looking to go more often and spend less for somewhere to sleep/shower & have breakfast. As long as it's clean, safe and the mattress doesn't kill our back it's cool with us.
JohnThomas

Post by JohnThomas »

Thanks Everyone! Rhonda-do you have any pics of the view from cottage #2?
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

This is the view from cottage #2.
This is the view from cottage #2.
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

Another view from cottage #2.  Both views are taken with zoom lens.
Another view from cottage #2. Both views are taken with zoom lens.
JohnThomas

Post by JohnThomas »

Wow! Thanks Rhonda! Great view!!!! Thank you so much! I wasn't sure what to expect although anywhere is a great place to be when you're on St. John! :D
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

May & June are our favorite months to visit St. john. This year we arrive 05/25 and are staying at Areca in Peter Bay never stayed here before! :D
msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

Thanks, Rhonda! Great views
JohnThomas

Post by JohnThomas »

Thanks! June has always been great so was also hoping May is just as good! :) Thanks for all the input and I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming trip(s)!