Beach Chair Rental

Travel discussion for St. John
ihochman

Beach Chair Rental

Post by ihochman »

I'm coming down to St John for my 10th trip on March 9th and am so psyched. The house we're renting comes with sand chairs but I'm having back issues and would love to rent a beach chair that is a little bit higher. Does anyone know a place on island that might rent chairs?? I checked on Google but the postings are way too old. Thanks and look forward to seeing whoever is on island in March.
Teresa_Rae

Re: Beach Chair Rental

Post by Teresa_Rae »

My Mom had the same issue the last time she joined us on a trip and we couldn't find taller chairs anywhere. All the places that were selling them only had the low chairs, too. You might be able to find something to purchase on STT, or you may have to bring your own.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
jpm

Post by jpm »

While your rental house only has sand chairs, the on island rental agent may have some available for just such a case. Check with her/him.
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

I have actually seen people put a luggage tag on those collapsable chairs in a bag & check them
KAY

Post by KAY »

We rented snorkel gear from a shop at Mongoose Junction last month who advertised beach chairs and coolers for rent also. Believe the name of the shop was "Just Beach". It was on the street side near the parking lot entrance.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Check with Beach Bum. I can't say for sure, but I thought they had some higher back (nicer) beach chairs there for rent. 340-777-4286 www.stjbeachbum.com They are located on the upper level of the building at the people ferry dock.
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

If you do provisioning on STT buy a folding chair in a bag (less than $20). Much cheaper than a rental. When you leave, just set it up next to a dumpster. It will be picked up by someone needing it within 5 minutes.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Thanks everyone for all your help. As it turns out Beach Bum was a great suggestion and I've already reserved a chair. I realize getting the chair on St Thomas would be a cheaper way to go but we don't shop there. Thanks again.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Thanks everyone for all your help. As it turns out Beach Bum was a great suggestion and I've already reserved a chair. I realize getting the chair on St Thomas would be a cheaper way to go but we don't shop there. Thanks again.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I've never done any business with Beach Bum so I was curious about them so I checked out their website.

They rent waterproof speakers for the beach :roll: :evil: :shock:

This is the description on their website:

You're sitting at one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You have the best snorkel gear, the best beach chairs, and the best cooler (because you stopped by Beach Bum first), yet something's still missing. Music. How can you have the perfect beach day without music?! You can't. Fear not, though; with Beach Bum all things are possible...including music. And so, we now bring you the gift of music...at the beach! Our EcoXGear waterproof speakers are the perfect accessory to complete your perfect beach day! With a 12-hour battery life and Bluetooth compatibility, these rugged (and LOUD!) speakers are an awesome addition to your beach arsenal!

I mean, really? Amplified music is illegal within the national park, as well as incredibly annoying to other beach goers.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
loria

Post by loria »

ihochman when are you going? -- i have some taller chairs (or i did...) you are welcome to use one -- I would just need to figure out a) if those chairs are there (they should be) and b) how to get it to you
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Loria, thanks so much for your offer. We're leaving JFK on 3/9 and coming back 3/19. Is the chair on island?? If so, we could pick it up. Won't have a car till 3/12. Even if it doesn't work out, I really appreciate the offer.