Trip Report from Virgin Gorda and St John 2015

Travel discussion for St. John
Bob & Sharon

Trip Report from Virgin Gorda and St John 2015

Post by Bob & Sharon »

We just returned from our retreat to the Caribbean. It was wonderful to see our “annual Family” on Virgin Gorda and St John. We set a record for number of fish identified – and saw FIVE octopi! The pictures and trip report can be found at:
http://bit.ly/1Mt5clC
with Videos updating as time permits (so keep checking).
liamsaunt

Re: Trip Report from Virgin Gorda and St John 2015

Post by liamsaunt »

Thanks for posting the link to your report. I always enjoy seeing the photos of all of the fish that you find. I am sorry that Caneel disappointed you this time. Hopefully things will turn around there in the near future.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Bob & Sharon

Post by Bob & Sharon »

Becky, please see the private message I sent to you.
toni

Post by toni »

Thank you for posting your report! I hadn't realized that Biras Creek had closed down. Your report makes me miss both islands. Too many places to vacation and not enough vacation time :(
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Great pics of all the different reef fish and coral. My son gave me the Reef set of books for Christmas. They are great books. Love Little Dix's. It has been a long time since we have stayed there. Glad to hear that it is still wonderful.
Beach Creecher
jmq

Post by jmq »

Nice report and photos. Thanks.
Yay for the Hog Heaven vista and my fav place on the planet - the "Guavaberry" Beach. Did Pearl or Roxy follow you down or come visit? :D

With Caneel off the table, maybe there is some other VI combination in your future - - such as Cooper Island/Virgin Gorda? Then I can experience that combo vicariously LOL
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Bob & Sharon

Post by Bob & Sharon »

Hi Jmq, have done virgin gorda and Guana island, was fantastic. Love our day trips to Cooper, but not sure about staying there. Have stayed at Neptunes on Anagada, you should try that, very remote, and wonderful. Happy New Year!
loria

Post by loria »

Did you tell the management at Caneel about you experience? -- I am sure (or i really hope) that they would want to know the opinions of someone who has stayed there so often .... your pictures are magnificent .... i am so envious! with my eyesight these days i can barely see anything underwater! -- maybe time for a prescription mask.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>