November/December visitors??.

Travel discussion for St. John
kklay

November/December visitors??.

Post by kklay »

Good morning Forum family,

We are just a little over 5 weeks (37 days to be exact!) until our group is on St John. Who else will be Down? The last few years we have included the Thanksgiving timeframe since we have two days off work and this helps extend our trip. I've already started laying things out in the spare bedroom. I just wish my work life would cooperate and run a little smoother! Wheels up will be here before I know it. We are flying Jet Blue for the fist time. Looking forward to trying them out on our way to paradise.
ScottATL

Re: November/December visitors??.

Post by ScottATL »

We are making our first trip down to St. John on Nov. 30th! Can't wait.
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

WooHoo - 6 days to go....Arriving Sunday Nov 22 until Dec 2..... can't get wait for Thanksgiving on STJ.
Image[/url]
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Hey Neighbor (Sheila W), have a great trip! 10 days - wow! Envious. Will just miss you (again!)...... heading down 12/6 for just a week. Can't wait!
Image[/url]
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

Hey EdS - too bad we'll miss meeting again.... one of these times. Lucky you to be going again too!!! Yes 10 days - will be on the Coral Bay side - excited to stay for the first time in Skyflower - have only read great things about it! Since you are up the road hopefully we'll run into each other at the LV Pub and Brewery one of these days... :D
Image[/url]
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Sheila,
Enjoy 10 days in Coral Bay and at Skyflower! We have only ever stayed at Gallows Point in Cruz Bay (fortunately annually since 2010, usually for only 7 or 8 nights, but really can't complain!). We do end up visiting Coral Bay quite often during our stays...... snorkeling at all the great spots (both Lameshure's, Salt Pond, both Haulovers, etc.) and enjoying lunches at Miss Lucy's, Aqua Bistro, Shipwreck Landing, etc..... So many great places, so little time!
Although the Brew Pub is literally just down the hill from us, you can find us much more often sitting at the bar at the Old Mill in Chester or Black Horse Pub in Mendham. I'm sure we have run across each other at some point without even realizing it! Hope you have great weather, clear blue water, amazing sunsets and a wonderful time!
Image[/url]
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

We too visit the Old Mill and Black Horse. So either we have or we will run into you at some point.... I'll post a TR and pics when we return.... 8)
Image[/url]
seagrape

Post by seagrape »

A little off topic, but I grew up in Mendham, moved to Alaska and now live in Coral Bay. Small world! Also, my brother just moved from Long Valley a few months ago.
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Seagrape, WOW! It is a very small world...... Mendham to Alaska to Coral Bay!
I'm sure you already realize that Rich who owned Lime Inn (now daughter Chelsea runs it) originally owned the Cheapeake Bay Seafood Company in LV many years ago (and I believe also whatever was formerly at the location which is now Redwoods, but not positive).
Image[/url]