SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT!

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

Re: SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT!

Post by Teresa_Rae »

So Flipkey takes your villa information and advertises it on their site without your permission?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
casalafamiglia

Post by casalafamiglia »

Next, Flip charges between 5% and 15% to you the guest on top of my rental rates. That's excessive in my opinion.
Interesting. That is not true for our guests. I pay a yearly fee to Flipkey to advertise and that is it. FlipKey does not get a cut, nor do they charge any fees to me or my guests. Our guests' funds never go to, or go through FlipKey.
I never use FlipKey for several reasons first and most important the potential guest and I cannot communicate by either email or phone until the guest pays his deposit. I really like direct communication with guests.
That is not true for our guests. All of our potential guests from FlipKey have contacted us via phone and email. My phone number is right on our FlipKey page.

Different subscription type maybe?
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

"Different subscription type maybe?"

Exactly. We find it hard to justify an annual fee given how few bookings they generate compared to VRBO, so we use an a la carte, flat percent per booking plan. That does prevent communication until the guests has booked, however, and I'm pretty sure that the guest also gets hit with a service charge.

All the best,

Kevin