Best snorkel spot !

Travel discussion for St. John
PaminMaine

Best snorkel spot !

Post by PaminMaine »

For those of you that do the boat rental for snorkel / beach fun I highly recommend Soldiers Bay- Norman Island , BVI !! It was like swimming in an aquarium. Large sea fans... I could go on and on. LOVED LOVED LOVED it ! And the best part.. we had it all ourselves! Our boat captain took one look at how crowded The Baths was and took us there instead. It is in my short list for our return.
Caw954s

Re: Best snorkel spot !

Post by Caw954s »

Thanks for that info Pam! I love trying new snorkel spots and I will put that one on the list. Who was the captain? Who did you rent the boat from? We've never done that before. Glad you had a wonderful experience!
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

For those who are wondering.

http://www.normanisland.com/info.htm
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Thanks for the snorkeling tip, Pam; Soldier Bay sounds awesome! FWIW, I just called Pirates and asked if it was possible to walk from there to Soldier Bay (on a trail, not through the bush). The woman that I spoke to said that you can. So in the event that your boat merely goes to The Bight, and you are sure that you have enough time, go for it!

All the best,

Kevin
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Caw954s wrote:Thanks for that info Pam! I love trying new snorkel spots and I will put that one on the list. Who was the captain? Who did you rent the boat from? We've never done that before. Glad you had a wonderful experience!
My husbands nephew lived on St Thomas for several years as a pharmacist and he met and became friends with captain Nate- We rented the boat for just the 2 of us for the day!
http://www.natescustomcharters.com/