Ticket concerns since merge of US Airways/ American

Travel discussion for St. John
SpartyOn

Ticket concerns since merge of US Airways/ American

Post by SpartyOn »

We have been experiencing problems with our tickets since the merge of AA and US airways. They changed the U.S. flight to AA, then totally dismissed the seats I paid extra for and told me that I couldn't get seats til I checked in. After 9 calls an 10 hours on the phone I finally received seats for our flight from Det to Miami then from Miami to St. Thomas. In this debacle, they some how double booked our flight. I have tried 3 times to have that fixed as well. Every time they try to fix it, we lose our seats. So right now the reservation shows me with seats and six tickets instead of three. Has anyone else been experiencing any of this or canceled flights going into St. Thomas? I bought these tickets last September and it's so frustrating. Hoping all goes well on our travel day in April but I am beginning to wonder if this is going to be an issue.
cocosmom

Re: Ticket concerns since merge of US Airways/ American

Post by cocosmom »

We just purchased usair tickets for this April. No problem or mention of American.
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Sorry to hear of your troubles SpartyOn! We used us airways to fly to STT in January for the first time...and it was one of the smoothest experiences we've ever had. No delays, no missed connections, we were even early? Just keep trying to get your issue resolved and have a wonderful trip!
hanginghigh704

Post by hanginghigh704 »

No problems so far for me.
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

We're booked with American and no problems yet!!
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

Just booked flights going down on American & coming home on USair . I couldn't pick my seats on USair during the transaction . But I went back to the USair site & then picked seats . Fingers crossed no problems getting to STT .
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
SpartyOn

Post by SpartyOn »

Thanks for the input everyone! Stay Warm! -13 with the wind chill. Brrrr!
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Your post motivated me to check our flights booked in April to make sure they hadn't gone "wonky". So far so good... I hope everything works out in your favor Spartyon.
Cindytwin

Post by Cindytwin »

Flying from Indy to STT April then on to STJ. Booked tickets months ago. So far gotten two emails. one that we leave an hour earlier (now 6am) and get there an hour later (now 1:54) on arrival day....and another email on that changed our departure time to 8AM from. Called to say "no way we can make that plane from STJ" and now we leave the same time but instead of Miami connect in Pttsburg.

Told me I was free to try and make other arrangements and would refund me but cost of tickets is more than I paid.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Booked tickets for two through Miami to STT last September for next Tuesday, Feb 24 on aa.com... seats picked and all in order.
No emails from carriers... not one! Have been trying for the last week to contact via website with record locator, ff numbers, emails, and lastly phone... last night was a 2 hour wait for a human, and the "call you back" service was not timely for me.
Tomorrow I will try again... I may be running more than 8 Tuff ones!!!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
bigred

Post by bigred »

For many years we flew American and never had a problem. When we first heard of a possible merger with US Air we started looking at other airlines, because I refuse to fly US Air. We had two horrible experiences with them in the past and I was afraid a merger would mean the end of good service on American. I hope the people having issues right now will be able to get them straightened out, but until I hear a lot more good things about American, we'll be flying Delta.
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We reserve our award flights as soon as they are released 330 days out. Most years there are a couple changes.

This year my seat has been changed twice. Both times, my wife's was the same seat but I was moved to another row. I was wondering if my wife was secretly trying to tell me something! :)

It only took a quick easy call and they straightened it out right away.

There will be some growing pains during the merger, aircraft changes, times, etc... but we have never had any major problems on any flight with US Airways or any other airline for that matter.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
lprof

Post by lprof »

lprof wrote:Booked tickets for two through Miami to STT last September for next Tuesday, Feb 24 on aa.com... seats picked and all in order.
No emails from carriers... not one! Have been trying for the last week to contact via website with record locator, ff numbers, emails, and lastly phone... last night was a 2 hour wait for a human, and the "call you back" service was not timely for me.
Tomorrow I will try again... I may be running more than 8 Tuff ones!!!
Well, the running was today... sitting and holding actually.
Long story short... schedules changed... no reason given for no notification. At least there was a human available today.

Arriving in CLT ten minutes after our flight home will have left and no more that night, meant leaving STT at 8:58 AM instead of 5:40 PM and was deemed impossible with plans we had made. So... add on an overnight stay in CLT (and $150. hotel costs which is not going to be covered by the airline) and having to pay $52. each for seats on the full plane or wait and be assigned seats that MAY be left as we check in, we have added a goodly sum to our ticket prices which were deals at $441. each and paid for with Capital One Venture points. It is a relief to once more feel I know my way, and I am hoping not to have worries between now and our return home.

Hey! I'm going to St John!!! Hope to see you there! Soooooon!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
SpartyOn

Post by SpartyOn »

Wow, Iprof let me know how it goes and have a great trip. I have literally been checking two times daily to see if my seats are still there! I just think it is so wrong that they can do whatever they want and you have no recourse!
dctac

Post by dctac »

I booked my seats back in march on us air. They did a change sometime in august or sept and I lost my paid seats on return flight. I called that day and must say was happy with the human fixing it. It was quick. The guy said new plane didn't have that row/seat numbers on it. he quickly go tme new seats up in front and refunded me 30 bucks......Only fourth time using US Air... so far so good........