Impending blizzard #2... and...

Travel discussion for St. John
PaminMaine

Impending blizzard #2... and...

Post by PaminMaine »

and... I thought today might be a good day to drown my winter doldrums by breaking out our suitcases and start throwing a few things in. And the fun begins:
2-3 shorts
2-3 shirts
2 bathing suits
2 cover ups
Keen's

Now, who's up for another 1.5-2 feet of snow ?!! :shock: :oops:
Caw954s

Re: Impending blizzard #2... and...

Post by Caw954s »

I know, you poor people in New England! This winter is testing your resolve...at least you have a nice STJ vacation to look fwd too. :D
Pam, how is your husband? Is he AOK now? Stay warm, be safe.
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

I"ve begun packing in my head..sorting through the things I need to get together and the new things I must get before we go. My ticker isn't as nice as your's..but STJ soon come!! Happy Packing :D
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Caw954s wrote:I know, you poor people in New England! This winter is testing your resolve...at least you have a nice STJ vacation to look fwd too. :D
Pam, how is your husband? Is he AOK now? Stay warm, be safe.

It has been a rough winter for sure! My husband is still having alot of pain with his toe/foot. It is difficult to " rest" and try to stay off from it, when mother nature just won't give us a break. He has a follow up appointment with his PCP this week.Thanks for asking.
FinsUp wrote:I"ve begun packing in my head..sorting through the things I need to get together and the new things I must get before we go. My ticker isn't as nice as your's..but STJ soon come!! Happy Packing :D

I have been packing in my head for months! What's on your " must not forget" list?
I also pack an inexpensively purchased large suitcase ( $2 at Goodwill) with snacks, shampoo/suntan lotion, essential condiments, etc. We fly Jet Blue so it costs nothing to bring and then I just leave it on island when we come home. I have been busy filling that for a couple weeks now. :D
SpartyOn

Post by SpartyOn »

That's a great idea about getting the cheap luggage at your local thrift store! For our last visit to St. John we utilized Connections and send a package full of suntan lotion, shampoo, toothpaste, mosquito spray and such. Walked off the ferry and grabbed the box then off to. Coral Bay!
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Call us crazy but we bring our single serving Keurig with us so that we can enjoy that "perfect" cup of coffee every morning on the deck...that definitely can make or break our day so that's first on my must bring list :D I just ordered the "sit n float" seats for the pool which is also a must have. We'll leave those behind for others to enjoy! I'll pack my soft sided cooler with frozen meats and such and put that in our checked luggage. We're flying US Air this year so we'll pay to check it but so worth it! My boys love to fly Jet Blue..I just haven't been able to find prices that work.
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Also sitting here in SNOWY New England thinking about our trip to STJ!! Thinking about the Beaches, Bars and Restaurants. We are just so done with this winter! We had -12 yesterday morning!!! :(
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I'm also cold, here in Jersey.
Can't imagine what yous guys are going through up there...(I think we got the frigid temps, sans snow, but could be wrong...)
It's hard NOT to think about a "packing-list" for the vacation,- then with the current winter conditions, the anticipation and desire is compounded.
So much more enjoyable being "Knee Deep In The Water Somewhere", compared to knee deep in snow everywhere!
As excited for your relief as I am my own!
Smiles-
MJ