Swim noodle????

Travel discussion for St. John
northerngal

Swim noodle????

Post by northerngal »

Where can we buy a swim noodle on STJ? Sick hubby thought that might be the way to go so he can still enjoy snorkeling.
Knolmom

Re: Swim noodle????

Post by Knolmom »

They usually ave them at Pine Peace grocery or at Chelsea Drugs in the Marketplace.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I've definitely seen them at Chelsea Drug...but check ahead on their hours before going. I tried to buy something there a couple months ago and a local said something to me like "don't even bother, they're never open!"...that's not true but they do close early :)
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Noodles were available for us to use at our villa...you could check before you buy?
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Check where ever you are staying first. You can get them at Beach Bum in the building at the ferry dock located upstairs. You can email them, stjbeachbum@gmail.com or call them, 340-777-4BUM (4286) If you do end up buying one, leave it at the place you are staying when you leave if you can. If you can't leave it, place it OUTSIDE of a Dumpster for someone else to grab. Always good to keep things out of the landfill if you can. Enjoy!
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I bought some at Chelsea Drug last summer but they were shorter ones.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

I think I saw them at the hardware store at the marketplace on our last trip. The hardware store is behind Starfish Market or if you find Chelsea closed, walk outside at the same level and you will find the Hdw store.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
bigred

Post by bigred »

Two years ago I found inflatable noodles in the dollar area at Target. To my pleasant surprise they kept this little old fat lady afloat, didn't spring leaks, and fit easily into our carry-on bags. They will be making their third trip to STJ this spring! Google inflatable noodles and you will find lots of places where you can buy them online.
coralbay14

Post by coralbay14 »

I travel with a swim noodle in my duffle bag... bends nicely around the perimeter. I won't snorkel without it. My noodle has been to Aruba (a few times), Bermuda, Hawaii, and has just completed its 3rd trip to St. John. I think it likes St. John best. :D
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

St John Beach Bum have them for sure. Last time I was in Chelsea they did not.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

coralbay14 wrote:I travel with a swim noodle in my duffle bag... bends nicely around the perimeter. I won't snorkel without it. My noodle has been to Aruba (a few times), Bermuda, Hawaii, and has just completed its 3rd trip to St. John. I think it likes St. John best. :D
Coralbay14, that is hilarious! I hope you get pictures of you and your noodle at all the different places you go, then make a collage out of them :D
coralbay14

Post by coralbay14 »

A great idea!! : ) Maybe I could create a calendar for 2016. :D
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

Another option might be a cheap blow up float mattress. He could lay across it with face in the water and then just kick along to wherever he wants. I always pack one in my luggage and then use it throughout the week for lounging in the water. On the last day I either give it to someone's child at the beach or leave it in the pool area where we stay.
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

thanks foe all the great ideas!
I must be finally learning to pack right....my bag is packed and I still have room!
Sumerwaters

Post by Sumerwaters »

I also buy the cheap inflatable air mattresses at the end of the year. On my last day I find someone to pass them on to...