OMG! Hubby in hospital and we leave in 2 weeks!

Travel discussion for St. John
northerngal

OMG! Hubby in hospital and we leave in 2 weeks!

Post by northerngal »

Christmas Eve brought an unpleasant surprise, landing hubby in the ER and then rushed to a major hospital for a broken blood vessel in his brain. We have the villa rented, tickets bought, jeep rented and now we are unsure if he can or should fly and then will it be too much for him!!! Any thoughts or suggestions? We are scheduled to leave on the 14-21 of January!
RickG

Re: OMG! Hubby in hospital and we leave in 2 weeks!

Post by RickG »

Wow, good luck. It might be worth calling the airline, villa rental company and vehicle rental company to see if they'll let you reschedule. Even if you have travel insurance.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

After a week I would hope that the medical team would be able to give you at least a preliminary prognosis. It sounds like you have a lot of questions about what is going on. It is time, regardless of the trip plans, to have a serious talk with the doctors to understand what both of you are facing in the short and long term.

Rick probably has the best advice regrding the trip. When you contact them be sure they understand the seriousness of your situation.

Look to your friends, family and medical team to provice you witht he support and information you need. You can look toward your friends here to help you with the VI issues.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Oh northerngal, I can only imagine how worried you are about everything, but it's out of your hands. I would try to pin the doctor/nurses down to really let me know if it's unsafe for hubby to travel. If not, it might be the best thing for him, fresh warm air, R&R, you'd have to take it easy, but I'm sure that would be ok with you! If he can't travel, then Rick's suggestion is all you can do and as long as hubby is ok, everything else will be ok too.
Good luck, Godspeed
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Oh gal, I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

Continue to work with medical staff to evaluate and understand his condition, his healthy recovery is top priority right now.
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

YEA!!! We just got the ok to go back to normal activities.....when he said it was ok to play hockey, I brought up the trip! He said sure!!!!! hubby is tired and sore but he has two weeks to rest at home. We have another couple going with us for the first time so that really threw a kink in the plans but we are going to plan on going unless he feels really terrible in two weeks.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. He will be able to rest and relax in the most beautiful place in the world!
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Good news indeed!
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

I imagine your great relief!
Take it easy... and have a blast! :D