Villa for 2 couples, close to Cruz Bay?

Travel discussion for St. John
ThirdBird

Villa for 2 couples, close to Cruz Bay?

Post by ThirdBird »

Planning another trip to STJ, this time bringing another couple with us. Want to be close enough to town to have dinner and some drinks and be able to walk back comfortably.

Other than the large multi-story units, what are some nice 2 bedroom villas that are really close to town that you'd recommend?

Had a series of unfortunate events on our first trip, and I'd love to make this a trip of a lifetime!
Knolmom

Re: Villa for 2 couples, close to Cruz Bay?

Post by Knolmom »

I could be wrong but I don't believe there are any private 2BR villas that are close enough to Cruz Bay to walk to.Lavender Hill has some nice 2 Bedroom penthouse units where the views are not obstructed by telephone lines.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

We've stayed at a villa called Island Time. Unfortuneately it's not walkable to town but a great place for two couples. It's on Devers Bay with the best views and sunsets on the island. Has a pool and hot tub and two equal size bedrooms. One is in the main house the other in an attached pod. We've stayed 3 times including this past Feb for 8 days. Check it out. It's rented by Caribbean Villas.
watergirl

Post by watergirl »

Have you checked out Guavaberry Hill, managed by Caribe Havens. It is up the hill from Mongoose Junction. Not a fancy villa, but has great sunset views, is very private and secluded. One of the bedrooms is in a separate building with its own very private balcony. We stayed there this January and found it perfect for us. The only down side it the steep walk uphill after a day on Honeymoon Beach or an evening of overindulging. However the walk I felt was good exercise and got easier everyday.
ThirdBird

Post by ThirdBird »

Thanks to all for the replies - we will look into those options. My concern with being away from town was parking. We were there in low season and parking seemed tough. Is it possible to find reasonable parking in town in high season?

Thanks again!!! :)
Beesmom

Post by Beesmom »

Google Star Villas - their rentals are near Frank bay and are close to Cruz Bay. As far as parking - what is your definition of reasonable? I have zero qualms about paying Slimman's 10$ for all-day considering how tough it is to find parking.

I also recommend Lavender Hill. Terrific place to stay plus your parking problem is solved.
ThirdBird

Post by ThirdBird »

My apologies for the vagueness in "reasonable". I meant probability of finding a spot, and not having to drive in circles forever trying to find one. Ill check out lavender hill - thanks!
gmanka

Post by gmanka »

Having just returned from 2 weeks in STJ and being in town every day, parking was never a problem. There was always room at the new municipal lot and it is at most a 2 block walk to Woody's. We found that a quicker choice than looking for some elusive spot or paying $3 per hour at Wharfside. Parking at Mongoose get crowded but again its only a couple of blocks and compared with temps here in MN who cares?
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

I would consider Grande Bay. Walking home after indulging in all Cruz Bay has to offer seems like it's pretty easy compared to other places in town. If I was planning to make it a "trip of a lifetime," Grande Bay would be high on my list of Cruz Bay accommodations.
Tickerless :(
lprof

Post by lprof »

Would a couple of these work? Walking distance to town. I have not stayed there but know of a forumite who has... happily.
http://www.aquabayvillas.com/
... no longer a stranger to paradise
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

Suggest looking at Gallows Point Seaview, across the street from Gallows Point.

Other options for 2BR villas close to Cruz Bay are Frank Bay House and Amora, but I believe they are either out of the rental market or booked up.

TM