Parasailing Questions

Travel discussion for St. John
Littlecheeze

Parasailing Questions

Post by Littlecheeze »

So this year, my parents and grandparents FINALLY decided to let my brother and I go parasailing on St. John. Just wanted to know, what place is the best to go, what place is the cheapest, and what places offer 2 people to go at a time? Thanks!
"Changes in latitude changes in attitude"

mahojim

Re: Parasailing Questions

Post by mahojim »

Hey buddy.
Went out with Cruz Bay Watersports, if I recall correctly, at The Westin a couple years ago. Sorry, but I don't recall the price.
Whatever you do, don't go to Larry's Landing (pour your own bar) the night before like I did... got real ugly in midair...shoud've worn my snorkeling goggles...just sayin'.
Smiles-
MJ
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Hey there! Sounds like you are going to have a blast! I have not done it but the guys from On-St John did a story on it that may give you some info. http://www.on-stjohn.com/2009/02/18/par ... tersports/

Have a great time!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Check with PIA to see if she is stil booking trips if so she will set you up with the right company.
Tom
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Our three youngest travelers went together last April. (14,14, and 20) We booked through Cruz Bay Watersports and it was at the Westin. They had a blast. I'm trying to remember what I paid. Seems like it around $95, but I could be way off.

I liked the way they do it there as opposed to other places (not on St John) where I have seen it done. They had a crank system on the boat to send them up and to bring them back in, unlike the ones where they want you to run down the beach to take off. (I have seen way too many "funniest home videos" of how that often turns out badly to ever do it that way!)
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Here's a photo just before they sent them up - mostly because I love the look on Sarah's face :lol:

DSC_0061 by heidifunk, on Flickr