spring break airfare story

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

spring break airfare story

Post by loria »

so i was scouting airfares and it was looking grim... could find some for 670 or so (so NOT that bad) but the schedules were a nightmare. -- realized that if we both bought a couple thousand miles we'd have enough for three tickets..... HOORAY... but still needed a fourth ticket....on a hopefully similar schedule......American was bout 1300 for that ....ugh (that is where our FF program is) Delta had a flight that was very close in schedule for 829 so figuring that i really saved on the other three tickets that it wasn't so bad... there was a really tight connection (40 minutes) so paid for Delta and they get me to the seat assignment page....flight LGA-ATL-STT.... the seat offered for LGA-ATL is in row 1 or 2...hmmmmm WHAT? i figure i am going to get dinged on this at some point..... or i am dreaming...ATL-STT...economy...ok back to reality ... STT -ATL...Business (i am SO getting dinged on this) ATL-LGA economy.....ok....press all the seats and .....holy crap! it worked! (ok, now i will tell you that this is NOT my ticket this is my husbands ticket and i am flying on miles with the kids in economy....and we MIGHT be able to sit together....and in some flights...definitely not....) SO a first class and a business class leg for 829.... i felt accomplished.....and a bit jealous.... :mrgreen:
Then....Delta calls my husband...... :shock: :twisted: UH OH..... did they catch on that they let one thru the system???....but it was BOUGHT and PAID FOR.... NOPE they are calling because the LGA-ATL flight was WAY over subscribed and would he mind going an hour earlier on another flight (the AA flight , if you are still with me, which i am on leaves at 6, his Delta flight left at 9) and if he DOESN'T mind going earlier... they will compensate us a $400.00 flight voucher! WOOOWEEEEE holy cramoly... did that just happen? so his tight connection is no longer a worry and we get four persons on spring break to STJ for about 600-- I know that folks have done it cheaper ...but i thought that was pretty darn cool.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Re: spring break airfare story

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I'm exhausted just reading all of that. Phew. Sounds like a great outcome for a lot of work on your part. YAY!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

I am very impressed..maybe you should play the lottery or is it the luck of the Irish a few days early?
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

That's GREAT! I used to fly a lot, and your story was actually, kinda enthralling!

Yes - I'm I travel planning nerd....
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

The island Gods are smiling down on you! Congrats on your new purchase! I hope all the bumps that you have run into smooth out. It will all be worth it! Wishing you much happiness!