Car rental late pick up

Travel discussion for St. John
tothectothec

Car rental late pick up

Post by tothectothec »

We don't arrive in Stt until 3 and I doubt that we will get over to stj till after 5. We have rented a car from St John Car Rental. Does anyone know if you can pick your car up after hours? We are staying in Coral Bay and don't want to take a taxie over and then back the next morning to get our car. Suggestions??
Lovermont

Re: Car rental late pick up

Post by Lovermont »

Call the company you've rented from, and explain the situation. Most will work with you to make arrangements.
NIPGBK1

Post by NIPGBK1 »

No advice except to ditto Lovermont to call and ask. I used St John Car Rental one year, but can't remember if they waited on us or not, seems like they did. Conrad Sutton is open till 6 P.M. I have used them several times with no problems. Info for next time...:)

P.S. If you are on the ground at 3, and get on a taxi going straight to Red Hook, you can make the 4 boat. We have done it. But remember the island time thing. Can't count on it. Have a great trip. :D
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

If StJ car rental cannot accomodate your arrival time, do you have a villa manager that can help out? If all that fails we have used L&L and they do have a late pick up time.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

I think you have a shot of making it if you go with a private taxi. If you have to wait on a van to fill up and then take a chance of them dropping people off at various spots on STT, it might be iffy. If it were me, I'd spend the money for a private taxi......I know we will the next time we go.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Usually what has happened if we get in late is the rental company gets the keys
and the next day you have to go back and fill out all the info. But it looks like
you will make it.Good to have a back up plan.
Beach Creecher
inuny

Post by inuny »

Bougainvillea car rental is open til 7 and they will also accomodate later arrivals.

stjohnjeeps.com
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

If it's close to 5 someone may wait for you. If not, some will leave the keys under the mat or above the visor for you and post your name inside the windshield. Just call and ask how they handle it.