Zozo's

Travel discussion for St. John
dejavu

Zozo's

Post by dejavu »

Had another (our 4th) fabulous trip to STJ last week. By far the culinary highlight of our trip was the new Zozo's location. WOW! It is stunning. Food and service were top notch. If your budget allows make a reservation and go. Even if you just go for a drink it's worth it as the bar is stunning too.
Pat

Re: Zozo's

Post by Pat »

Totally agree. We've been to Zozo's on our previous trips and wondered if we'd be disappointed with their move to Caneel. It was wonderful. The food, open air dining room and evening views added to the ambiance. Sorry we didn't eat there twice while on STJ.
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

Zozo's is out fav place to eat on St John, or for that matter - possibly anywhere! Just curious, did any restaurant open at the old location (Gallows?)
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Yes, Ocean 362 opened in their old spot. We didn't make it there this trip. The one new restaurant we tried was " Virgin Fire". The food and drinks were good but the service was SLOW even by island standards, There were only about 3-4 tables full when we were there and the food dribbled out and there were long pauses when our server just disappeared even though we were her only table at the time. The salt block, which is their signature dish had tiny portions at $12 per person but had excellent flavor. Hopefully they can workout the kinks and get the seats full soon.
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

Thank you!

Where is Virgin Fire? and truly wish that no restaurant ever fails - just an expensive investment for the courageous owners.

I need to recommend da Livio ristorante e pizzeria http://www.dalivio.it/ but have absolutely no connections nor financial interest in - just thought that the food was super quality
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

We were at Zozo's last week and were really impressed also. We had been long-time fans of the old location, but liked the Sugar Mill location even better. Zozo's was packed, and the food, service, ambience were all great.

We also went to Virgin Fire. Our food at Virgin Fire was delicious, and prices were reasonable. It was two-thirds empty though, which really surprised me.
---Jim
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We were at Zozo's two weeks ago and I agree with Iowaguy, it was really great.
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Yehguafm- Virgin Fire is at Mongoose Junction upstairs facing the road in the first building.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Concur 100% with the da Livio recommendation. If you are looking for great Italian, it is my island favorite. ZoZo's to me is okay. Nice place. Maybe I will like it better in the new location.
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Is it easy/pleasant to go there just for a drink or is the bar only big enough for folks waiting for their table? Can you order food at the bar? Any issues with parking at Caneel to go to Zozo's for a drink (while not having a rez)?
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

crasherino wrote:Is it easy/pleasant to go there just for a drink or is the bar only big enough for folks waiting for their table? Can you order food at the bar? Any issues with parking at Caneel to go to Zozo's for a drink (while not having a rez)?
Yes, very easy and pleasant. The bar is huge and there are couches and club chairs off the side as well.. The scene was quite lively and festive.

Parking is no problem. When we pulled up to Caneel's entrance, we just said we were going to Zozo's. No questions about if we had reservations or not. Zozo's now has a valet stand at what used to be the old taxi stand, pull up there and they will take your car.