Gibney Beach House

Travel discussion for St. John
lorijo068

Gibney Beach House

Post by lorijo068 »

Has anyone ever stayed at the Gibney Beach House? We went to Gibney beach last month and it was fantastic! Would love the idea of just walking out to the beach and not packing up and carrying everything to go...It looks great! Thanks in advance!

lorijo068

Re: Gibney Beach House

Post by lorijo068 »

Darn I was hoping I would get some feedback...
Beesmom

Post by Beesmom »

I didn't comment because I haven't stayed there. I most certainly would if I could afford it! It looks like there are some reviews on VRBO if you haven't found those yet.

-Sandy
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

I have not stayed there but visited friends who were there on a few occasions - the 2 cottages are small and fairly simple - the beach is spectacular and early morning and late afternoon likely to be all yours - they are well kept, beautifully landscaped and steps from the sand - very private - quite a Caribbean feeling and a world apart from the many garish villas available in the same price range.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We met some folks on the beach there last April who were staying at the Garden Cottage with 3 small children, and they loved it. From the looks of them and their location I can't believe you could ever go wrong!!! My concern was bugs being so close to water and tucked back in the vegetation....and I forgot to ask her about that..but they do have a/c. The rates are steep, but hey you are right on the beach and what a beach it is!!!! :D
Pia

Post by Pia »

We rented both (before moving here) for our wedding 10 years ago - what would you like to know as I think you answered your own question - great to be able to walk out of the front door to the beach

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Katt

Post by Katt »

Have always wanted to stay here. Finally staying in July to celebrate 25th wedding anniversary. Will post after.
lorijo068

Post by lorijo068 »

Thanks all!! Just wanted some positive as pics of course always make it look great! Yeah I think I did answer my own question but needed some verification...I think that next year this is the place for me!!!! :D
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I am also looking forward to hearing about the cottages. We have always wanted to stay there. We have a milestone anniversary coming up.
bill

Post by bill »

My husband and I stayed at the Gibney Beach House 3 years ago. We have been traveling to the caribbean and St John (of course our favorite) for over 20 years.
The Gibney Beach House is our favorite place of all!!!I cannot say enough about it. Waking up on Gibney Beach is like waking up in paradise. You wake up to the colors of the bay, the sounds and the lush vegetation - all to yourself. Magical.
We would take the kayaks (come with the house) and glide across the bay - all alone in the early morning. The bay is like a lake, you can see clear to the bottom. This was a typical start to our day. The rest of the day was spent with meals on the porch, laying on the beach, snorkeling and just watching the colors of the water change with the light of day. We couldn't wait to wake up and start the routine again!

Terry, the owner was a a joy. So fun to talk to and hear her stories.
The cottage was perfect. Kitchen had everything, bed was cozy. Cottage was very clean and back yard was full of every tropical fruit. We also had a huge lizard in residence, but would always just miss seeing him! We would hear all this racket, run out and only find his tracks!!!

Gibney Beach has always been a special place for us. Where else could you go and find a place to stay right on such a perfect beach? We cannot wait to return.