Is this unreasonable?

Travel discussion for St. John
michigan girls

Is this unreasonable?

Post by michigan girls »

So we booked our villa last year, when there were just 2 of us. (the villa advertises that it can sleep 4) We had a lot of homes that we were considering, but we chose this one due to the view and because she offered us $300 off the published rate. So now we have at least 1 more person coming. The 4th has not decided yet. I emailed the owner that our number was for sure up to 3 people and asked for an updated total so I could collect from her. I was thinking that perhaps our per person cost would decrease, if only a little. She responded with the published rate for 3-4 people. I was thinking that since she offered the discount when we booked that the 3-4 person rate would also be discounted. As it stands now, we will actually end up paying more per person than we would have if it was just the 2 of us. I'm super annoyed by this. Was I wrong in expecting that the discount would also follow through for the 3-4 person rate? I realize the rate would go up with more people, and I totally get why, but to go up so much that it gets more expensive per person? That seems unreasonable to me.
sailorgirl

Re: Is this unreasonable?

Post by sailorgirl »

I think the discount should apply to the 3-4 rate. Did you discuss applying the discount, perhaps she forgot she offered it.
michigan girls

Re: Is this unreasonable?

Post by michigan girls »

I just heard back from her that she is going to apply the discount for us. This makes me very happy.

Apparently the prices went up in December, which was after we initially booked, so she was just looking at that.

Phew, I feel much better now :-)