iso Coral Bay villa w/short walk to shops

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

iso Coral Bay villa w/short walk to shops

Post by mahojim »

So that thread about "villa calculus" got me on yet another villa search...
We've stayed at Seabiscuit which is just up the driveway from Aqua Bistro. Now THAT'S what I call a great location. I know Bay House shares the parking lot and just as close to the shops/bars, but anyone know another that is almost as close, as in within walking distance? (other couple not interested in BH)
Iso a 2-3 bedroom, prefer a.c. and pool, not not a deal breaker if there's no pool.
Hoping to find something with enough room for 2 couples...maybe a little closer to Shipwreck Landing?
Thanks for any help, hoping to plan for a fall trip.
Smiles-
MJ
Kentuckygirl

Re: iso Coral Bay villa w/short walk to shops

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I've recently been searching in the same area. Most that I've looked at wouldn't be walking distance to Aqua Bistro or Shipwreck though. Have you looked at Cliffhanger? It's on the water, instead of up high on the mountain, and doesn't have a pool, but it has 3 BR and a/c and it's definitely walking distance to shipwreck...looks pretty interesting to me.
Image[/url]
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

Into the Mystic is up the road behind Crabby's. I suppose it's walking distance, but I remember it being pretty steep!
RickG

Post by RickG »

...was about to play the Bay House card, it worked out nicely for us as a cheap spot in high season. But, the bedrooms are adjacent and, well, if you're enjoying a bit of the old in-n-out it's not so private.

The locale is hard for walkable.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Well if anyone wants to spot me a couple million I'll buy up the old Voyages building and let you stay in one of it's lovely apartments :-)
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Nice one, Rick, too funny. Yeah, true about the walking aspect; walking down that drive from Seabiscuit left my toes sliding 3 inches out the front of my sandals, and coming back up was grueling after getting a load on...exhausting!
Michigan girls-let me know how that pans out, I'm in!
Kentucky Girl- already looking into that one, read some decent reviews. When are you planning on going down? That's the frontrunner.
Thanks for the input thus far, folks. Hoping one of our forum family members have recent experience regarding Cliffhanger.
Smiles-
MJ
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Jimmy, We are going July 9th. I just sent you a message :D
Image[/url]
augie

Post by augie »

Amarilla Villa is isolated. I suppose you could walk to Shipwreck if you were motivated. Has a pool. The two main bedrooms are stacked atop one another in a building separate from the great room, but if that's not enough privacy there's a smaller third bedroom tucked away below the pool.

Great villa and super owners!
Come see us!