Winter Travel Quandry

Travel discussion for St. John
lazylane

Re: Winter Travel Quandry

Post by lazylane »

I wear jeans/tank/hoodie jacket/sweatshirt and put flip flops in carry on. Change to flip flops on plane, roll up jeans, remove jacket and voila....ready for STJ. Of course those jeans get removed immediately upon arrival at the villa!!! Have fun! :D
psufan

Post by psufan »

Thanks for all the great tips. Knew I could count on forum friends. 2 days and a wake up! WooHoo!!
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

We learned the hard way not to wait for the bathroom at STT- it is sooo crowded with women changing clothes. If you can manage it, change in the bathroom on the airplane or strip as many layers off as you can in the airport before you board the plane. Have a great time and enjoy your respite from the cold.
Tickerless :(
kklay

Post by kklay »

I usually wear capris, have a short sleeve shirt with my St. John zip up sweatshirt over it. I also wear flip flops although I take a pair of the slip on socks/slippers to wear on the plane because my feet get cold. Same outfit on the trip home. I do have a lightweight blanket that rolls up and I have a velcro strap that I attach to my carry-on. There are times I have had to use the blanket BOTH ways on the plane!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

psufan wrote:Thanks for the tips. PA Girl, we are flying out of JFK. It is a pain to get there but the price was so much better when we booked. I was thinking about wearing socks and my Keens so I laughed when I read your post about socks and sandals. Maybe we will bump into you on the rock.

Shoemak...Loved the cartoon. It is soooo true. :lol: :lol:

Yep, wore Keens and wool socks this morning. Stepped into an inch of slush deplaning in PHL so I dashed from F terminal all the way to A25 in cold, wet socks.
Jeff&Cindy

Post by Jeff&Cindy »

Let's see... gonna need to know this soon...

Zip off pants, t-shirt & long sleeve shirt, wool socks. Coat and boots for the drive to the airport (Syracuse). Drop Cindy at the curb with the carry-ons, go park. Leave boots and coat and a fresh pair of socks in the car. Switch to Tevas and race for the terminal! When you're going through TSA maybe ditch the socks. At the first layover ditch the zip offs and the long sleeves.

That feeling when you hit the tarmac in STT ... priceless.

The socks you leave in the car are because yours will be wet racing back to the car through the snow in the Tevas (always at midnight). And you'll need the boots to get back in your driveway. And yes, it's all worth it.