6:00AM ferry for 8:30AM flight??

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

6:00AM ferry for 8:30AM flight??

Post by SuefromMA »

Hi, everyone!

My daughter is thinking of joining us for a part of our stay this coming April. We are researching flights. Man - the prices are horrific!!!

There is an 8:30AM flight from STT on a Thursday morning (April 24th) that has a decent price. It looks like the earliest ferry from STJ to STT is at 6:00AM. So, "realistically" - if all stars align - she would arrive at the airport at about 7:00AM.

Is this enough time??

Thanks,
Sue
Coconuts

Re: 6:00AM ferry for 8:30AM flight??

Post by Coconuts »

Sue: I'm almost certain that we made this combo, and we have yet to miss a flight, so while you may hear opposing views, it certainly is "possible". Flying on a Thursday will give you a less crowded airport than a weekend, but a wild card is that your week is a common New England (MA?) school vacation, so that doesn't help. If she could print out her boarding pass at the Mail Center, and leave you with any carry-ons, that would help, as would a private taxi (no waiting to fill a vehicle), and if things look dire at the airport, I suspect that you could hire a porter, even without a bag (bring an empty garbage bag and shove outer clothes in it if need be?).

The April fares are out of sight. The airlines are fully aware of and exploit the school vacation demand.

All the best,

Kevin
casalafamiglia

Post by casalafamiglia »

Yes, we have done that flight and have had plenty of time with carry-on. The airport was very quiet.
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Thanks, Kevin!

It is all still in the "what if" category... So, we will see. Thanks for advice and opinion. "I" would think that if she arrived 90 minutes prior to departure and grabbed a porter, if need be - she would be "okay".

Course all that hinges on the 6:00AM ferry getting off "on schedule"

Southern, NH - eh? I work in Nashua - live in Pepperell, MA.

Looks like we are neighbors!!

Sue