yesterday & today

Travel discussion for St. John
papabou

yesterday & today

Post by papabou »

though windy tues was a lovely day in paradise. rolled out fairly early and headed to choc hole that we had scoped on mond. a little more wind and not too clear but headed in anyway. swam out the left side and farther from the beach the clearer water became. losts of dead coral and except for couple of large schools of bl tang nothing to write home about but had an strange feel too. just felt different like the snorkel off left side of yatzi trail into lameshur. we wound up going all way to mouth of bay and rode the surface waves back in though underwater currents were out bound. all in all must have been good since longest snorkel we've done in yrs. wouldn't recommend for weak swimmers. while in area looked at hart bay again, still rolling surf. doesn't the water ever get tired of all that motion?
took long look at pond bay enclosed in its chain link fence. finally realized that beach front bldg closest to beach access we used had ac units in and at least 2 of them ran some while we were there. units had all visible windows and doorways covered in plywood and ac running. we surmised (new word we picked up from a snooty guy we saw at mongoose as we strolled through earlier) unites must be complete inside and the owners were running ac to control mold/mildew.
went to woody's for happy hr for 1st time ever, well almost woody's, we were encouraged to go across the street were we could have the shade of the big veranda. turned out good, same dollar coors and well drinks and view of woody and street activity from shade. had the pleasure a female (not a sweet young thing that mack so loves) who was enjoying her awarded bottle of champaign and tee shirt announcing something to the effect "i jumped naked from the willy t". mack was dumbstruck that there was such a place. he left in a dingy late yesterday headed north to bvis. hope he gets back before our flt sat. life at home will be dull w/o mack but the the reward from sandi (his beloved wife of 46.5 yrs) for NOT bringing him home will buy solace for a while.
unfortunately he showed back up with 2 admission cards for a 8:30am timeshare tour this morning at grande bay. should have know better than let him get out of my sight. about time for tour so signing out. mack's thought is he's never seen gbay except in pictures and tour is free. fool born every day.

papabou
liamsaunt

Re: yesterday & today

Post by liamsaunt »

Really enjoying your updates, papabou. Thanks for taking the forumites along with you.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

Hart Bay has always been really rough every time I've seen it. Sad to hear about the dead coral in Choc Hole. Have you tried snorkeling Klein Bay, I've heard good things about it.
Tickerless :(
papabou

Post by papabou »

becky, i'm honored to get an amen for one of best posters on forum. gtga, we didn't look at klien bay but there was a post a day or 2 ago from someone staying in area that the surf was roaring in rendezvous/klien. also never looked at how to get to water if not staying in klien bay.

papabou
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

You seriously crack me up. Must arrange to be on-island the same time as y'all one year. :D