Travel home day :( short trip report

Travel discussion for St. John
jdjcmaso

Travel home day :( short trip report

Post by jdjcmaso »

We spent the last week at Gallows point which was a great choice for us. I loved sitting on my deck and watching the harbor, so very relaxing!
The weather has not been the best but for the most part, it didnt stop us from doing anything we planned.
Beaches visited: Trunk Bay, Cinnamon Bay, Hawksnest, Francis, and Maho. We also snorkled right at Gallows. Francis,Trunk& Cinnamon turned out to be the best this time.
As for dining, La Tapa was the best meal we had. Also ate at Lime Inn, Rhumblines, Banana Deck, Candy's, Uncle Joe's, and take out one night from Sam & Jacks Deli which was quite good! We LOVE Skinny Legs for lunch and made the trek out there 4 times during the week. I learned a new word...Banana-Guava-Colada...which is my new favorite word.
We used Rachel's taxi from the airport to Red Hook and she will be waiting for us again today when we head back.
All in all a great trip.
Joe
mnfun2bme

Re: Travel home day :( short trip report

Post by mnfun2bme »

Oh, my....... that might just become my favorite new word, too! Where did you learn this new word?
:lol:
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Hope the snow doesn't mess up your plane schedule -- watching the Eagles game and it is some wicked snowfall if you are headed to PHL.
jdjcmaso

Post by jdjcmaso »

We arrived home safely, plane was a half hour early. A lot of folks with connecting flights were not so lucky.

I learned the new word at Skinny Legs :)

Also a big shout out to St John Spice for having nice affordable gifts. Stopped by there 3 times but always missed Ruth & Ron :(
Joe
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Joe, I am so sorry you missed us. We go to work very early in the morning and are not usually there later in the day.
I am having a deja vu about when Marcia and Pete stopped by five nights in a row in 2001 to meet me and eventually said I was the Easter Bunny and not actually real.

Glad you had a good visit.

- Ruth
- Ruth, St. John Spice