Where IS everybody???

Travel discussion for St. John
dctac

Re: Where IS everybody???

Post by dctac »

[quote="betsyv"]I may have a long way to go to catch up with some of you...
BUT I am working on it..I will be posting here until it is closed down..]

Wow closed down? I'm sure there is alot of lurkers like me who won't let that happen.....I gotta admit I don't post due to being tech challenged and wouldn't know how to post a pic but I'm on the rock twice a year and consider it my second home.....This site keeps me goin during our season home.....6 days till I land...... :)
dctac

Post by dctac »

I gotta learn how to upload photos....Hmmm
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

dctac wrote:
betsyv wrote:I may have a long way to go to catch up with some of you...
BUT I am working on it..I will be posting here until it is closed down..]

Wow closed down? I'm sure there is alot of lurkers like me who won't let that happen.....I gotta admit I don't post due to being tech challenged and wouldn't know how to post a pic but I'm on the rock twice a year and consider it my second home.....This site keeps me goin during our season home.....6 days till I land...... :)
I don't post to much either and still haven' posted a pic yet but I am very loyal to this forum and thank Anthony for keeping it going, I do go to "my heaven on earth" twice a year and will return come January. Have a great trip!! :D
rays&rum13

Post by rays&rum13 »

In STJ right now.. Writing our trip report as we go, should be a good one. This is our happy place!! [GROWING HEART][GROWING HEART]
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

For me, the forum helps feed my addiction and gives me the chance to hear about and "see" my favorite place on Earth.

BUT, the forum feels very "clicky" and it's obvious to me (as a relative newcomer to the forum) that many forumites have relationships outside the forum. While this is a wonderful thing for them, it may make newcomers feel a little unwelcome in the group. Though, maybe it's just me.

So, I'll post if I have a real question I can't find the answer for, or if I feel I have knowledge/perspective that someone else may not have. But that doesn't happen a lot considering the vast knowledge the members of the forum have.
Tickerless :(
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Twice a year would be a dream come true for me..but right now I'm feeling lucky to know I will return. Even if I have to wait a year...and believe me I'm glad to have this site to go to, to get my fix until I can have it in reality..and then I can share my thoughts and experiences too.

I don't mind others knowing each other better because they were here longer....or spend time meeting off the boards...I think that's great. An example of the good things that comes from message boards.."like" people from all over the world can get to know each other, and share a mutual interest. Its all good mon! :D
BetsyV

mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

I agree with Betsyv.... so many good things come from forums like this. :)
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

There might be a "clique" feel because a lot of us came to this forum from the old AOL forum. So, we already "knew" each other before coming here.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

We are here. Just counting down to the next trip. I confess that I don't come here as frequently as in the past. But I enjoy everyone's reports.
cjroyer

Post by cjroyer »

I don't post much either but visit at least once a day. Everyone is very helpful but I do miss Vicki and Flip Flop :?
petepie

Post by petepie »

Where did flip flop and Vicki go?
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

I think we have 90% lurkers according to the views on this topic and others as well.

The forum is a great resource, wonderful diversion and a chance to commune with other STJ addicts....errr devotees. Having joined back in 2007 I have 1. Learned a lot...2. shared a lot...3. Laughed and longed a lot.
As a regular visitor I find my Forum visits to be less frequent. That changes as we get closer to our Annual Spring Break trip( How blessed to be able to say Annual...12th to be exact). My posts increase exponentially x_t = x_0(1+r)^t the closer we get to Island Time.

I don't need as much advice anymore, although there are at least 10+ restaurants and beaches we have never experienced yet.

I do think about all the additional communication vehicles that were not around back in 2007...Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat...3 of which I am still not on(LilCheese will roll her eyes at her dad). Therefore, there are so many other areas to read and comment and spend time if one so chooses.

I do appreciate those who post pics and TR(Trip Reports for the newbies)... I have always kidded our TR would be kinda boring for some to read...Woke up..enjoyed coffee and breakfast...went to beach of the day...had lunch at beach or restaurant...back to Villa for swim/nap/sunset cocktails...dinner in or dinner and music out...then repeat for the next 7 days...go home and start planning for next year.

My passion remains for the Rock though and I do enjoy seeing newbies get excited for the immersion in paradise.

I do find our Forum to be much friendlier then say the Forum on Cruise Critic...say one disparaging remark about Carnival's Warm Melting Chocolate Cake and be prepared to be flamed on...oh and better not even mention how to smuggle booze on board either. I get the fact that some feel shy or don't think their opinions count and therefore don't offer up any tidbits for others to share...or feel that they don't write as eloquently as others...but don't let that stop you. Dance as if nobody is watching and write as if nobody is reading.

We have a nice group here and many Thanks goes to Anthony.

I say let's share more...read more and enjoy more on the Forum about what many of feel to be Heaven on Earth.

And that's all I have to say about that... :D
PointPeeps

Post by PointPeeps »

Well said BigCheeze!....Or we'll written! :) Half the fun of travel is the anticipation and planning. This forum definitely helps the excitement build for this newbie. The Rock has been on our bucket list for quite some time. Now as our first trip quickly approaches I have real fear.....real fear of how to control our soon to be addiction!
Thank you to all for your insight and keeping the chat and excitement alive! :)
Twenty-some days and counting......
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

So 50 replies and 5,000 views later I think we have the answer as others have alluded too - everyone is right here :)

Hard number terms - I think there are about 600 of you who come everyday, plus another 600 to 700 who visit at any time during the week including new visitors.

I didn't even realize some of the people we are missing that were mentioned in this thread!

Anyway thanks everyone - good to see so many positive things posted.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
StJohnRon

Post by StJohnRon »

I'm still here and I couldn't agree with Bigcheeze more. This would be a great time for oldies and newbies to make this forum fun again. Let's hear from some lurkers!
Also, how many of us are still here from the AOL forum? And how many from the Prodigy forum? That's like back with the dinosaurs. It took three hours to read a sentence.

Ron