Another WOW time on St. John Trip Report

Travel discussion for St. John
SusanNJ

Another WOW time on St. John Trip Report

Post by SusanNJ »

Check out my recent trip report 10/24 - 11/2/13.... enjoy!

http://susannj.com/2013/11/07/another-w ... n-st-john/
DonnaM

Re: Another WOW time on St. John Trip Report

Post by DonnaM »

Very nice! We leave tomorrow on the same flights from Newark and have a few of the same restaurants booked! Did you snorkel at Gibney? We have never been there so I want to go this time. Francis is always good.
Did you have lunch on JVD? Maybe you mentioned it and I missed it.
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Thank you Susan for an excellent trip report and beautiful pictures, enjoyed reading it. WOW looks like a beautiful villa, will have to keep it in mind for the future :wink:
Beesmom

Post by Beesmom »

Very enjoyable, Susan! Thanks for posting a link.

BTW I had to drive last time we were on island because my husband's license had expired. It's much easier than you would expect plus you have the same advantage I did - you already know the roads so there's no pressure to navigate so next trip give it a shot! :D
HaveToTravel

Post by HaveToTravel »

Thanks for the awesome trip report! How far in advance did you send your boxes to Connections? I'm thinking of sending a box, but our trip is in 4 weeks, so I'm not sure if it's too late.
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

To DonnaM,
I didn't wind up snorkeling at Gibney, but the water was so clear that you could see the fish swimming around you, so I assume snorkeling there would be really good. We were the only ones there and I don't like snorkeling when its just me in the water…. and my husband just wanted to read his book!

To HaveToTravel,
I emailed Connections about a month before and they said 2 weeks is more then enough time. I shipped my two boxes out on October 12th, priority, and they arrived in Connections on Oct. 15th and 16th so they were sitting there a bit longer then I think they would have liked (we didn't pick them up until the 24th, and the boxes were big). So 2 weeks is fine.

To Beesmom,
Yes I will have to try and drive next time!

Thanks all :D
KTinTX

Post by KTinTX »

Thank you so much for the trip report. Your photos from last year are why we are staying at WOW next June. It will be our fifth trip and we are really looking forward to it.
KT
Cecile

Post by Cecile »

Hi Susan,
thank you so much for sharing your Trip Report. :)
You sure have a good "eye" taking your pictures. :D Actually the foodpictures just make me wanna go right now... :lol:
Kind regards
Cécile :)
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

A wonderful written trip report ! Loved seeing your pics & will keep WOW on file for future STJ trips it looks beautiful !!
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

Susan, great trip report.

After reading about your visit to WOW last year Kate and I put it at the top of our list. In May we brought Kate's sister and her husband to WOW for 10 days. It was an absolutely wonderful trip. It was our 15th visit to STJ and we have stayed at some great villas, but WOW is our favorite. Thanks for touting it. I doubt we would have found it without your previous trip report.

We return in January and are staying on the Coral Bay side which we really love. You were looking for another villa on STJ, check out Casa Tua on VBRO. It is not quite as luxurious as WOW but the location is killer and the views are even better than those at WOW in our opinion. This will be our 3rd stay at Casa Tua and we can't wait to return.

Thanks again for a great trip report and beautiful pictures.

Scott and Kate
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Another great report, Susan, thanks for sharing.

Have you looked at the villa Mojo Rising via Catered To? It looks like a property you might find appealing. It is on my "someday list."
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

What a great trip report! Loved all of the details and all of the pictures! Thank you!

Francis is one of our faves! That's where we saw our first eagle ray this past trip!

We haven't gone to Ocean Grill on any of our trips thus far, nor have we visited Fatty Crab. We may add those to our list next year. Oh, and Ted's Supper Club, too!

Thanks again for sharing!
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

liamsaunt wrote:Another great report, Susan, thanks for sharing.

Have you looked at the villa Mojo Rising via Catered To? It looks like a property you might find appealing. It is on my "someday list."
I have looked at that villa and it looks wonderful, however we would need another couple to go with us since it is a bit over our budget….
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Wonderful trip report, Susan. I looked at Wings Over Water when it was still under construction---gorgeous setting----would love to stay there. Thanks for all the good restaurant reports too.
---Jim
brenda

Post by brenda »

Great trip report, Susan! And, yes, you must try driving. It is actually pretty fun although I have not tried it at night yet :)
Going "home" again October 26th!