Overnight in STT

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

Overnight in STT

Post by Xislandgirl »

I know this has been asked a million times but.....
We are spending a week at Caneel and have an 8 am flight home. After a week at Caneel, I don't want to spend a fortune but want to stay somewhere decent.

Thanks!
PatrickMcc

Re: Overnight in STT

Post by PatrickMcc »

Island View Guest House is very nice and very reasonable. You can't walk to any restaurants but they serve dinner several nights a week.
Nice staff and owners. They arranged a taxi for us with a driver who lives across the street.
Pia

Post by Pia »

With Ronnie at The crystal Palace

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Pia

Post by Pia »

Also thought this looks nice but no first hand knowledge
http://www.athomeinthetropics.com
Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

We have enjoyed Secret Harbour---great beach and a nice bar and restaurant too.
---Jim
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We stayed at the Green Iguana the night before heading over to Caneel. It was fine for one night. The on-site managers were very nice, the rooms were spotless, the AC cold. It reminded me of a mom and pop motel. We walked down to the waterfront for dinner and took a cab back after dark.

Not that you asked but Caneel will give you an empty fridge if you ask for your own beverages and snacks. While I am a Caneel fan, I wouldn't rely on the bar cart for my beach beverage needs.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Xislandgirl wrote: We are spending a week at Caneel
THUD.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

mbw1024 wrote:
Xislandgirl wrote: We are spending a week at Caneel
THUD.
It was on the bucket list!
watergirl

Post by watergirl »

We've stayed at the Galleon House in C.A. several times. It's recently came under new management and staff seem very nice. The rate includes breakfast, but for an 8am flight, you'll miss that. The only drawback is that it's a massive number of stair to get up to the rooms.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Here's my 2 cents. At that point I'd be pretty ready to go home. I'd stay at Emerald Beach right at the airport and call it a day.
cool breeze

Post by cool breeze »

mbw1024 wrote:Here's my 2 cents. At that point I'd be pretty ready to go home. I'd stay at Emerald Beach right at the airport and call it a day.
Ditto! We stayed at Emerald Beach once before flying back and it worked out really well. Place is very nice with easy access to Airport. Great outside pool and bar area.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

With such an early flight, I'd also stay at one of the places by the airport. I think you can walk from one of them. I imagine you'd be able to store luggage and hang out at Caneel for as long as you need.
janet
toni

Post by toni »

I vote for Emerald beach too. Especially for such an early flight home. We have stayed at a number of places on STT and when we had an early flight we stayed at EB. It was relaxing laying out on their beach on the final afternoon and watching flights. We travel light and we walked to the airport in the am, but I'm sure you can get cabs too. Enjoy!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

cool breeze wrote:
mbw1024 wrote:Here's my 2 cents. At that point I'd be pretty ready to go home. I'd stay at Emerald Beach right at the airport and call it a day.
Ditto! We stayed at Emerald Beach once before flying back and it worked out really well. Place is very nice with easy access to Airport. Great outside pool and bar area.
Triple Ditto... We often stay at EB before and after the trip to STJ. On the water, good Tiki bar, great cheeseburgers and very close to the airport.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We're booking Best Western Caribe in June for early flights. It's that cheaper alternative right adjacent to the airport. Best Western Emerald Beach is a step up. Island Beachcomber has a bit of funk to it, but a good bar lunch option.

If it was just us I'd probably do Crystal Palace.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI