day trips

Travel discussion for St. John
hotrod270

day trips

Post by hotrod270 »

What sailing company has the best day trip to soggy dollar ?
Mrs. B

Re: day trips

Post by Mrs. B »

Kekoa is awsome! :D
star2515

Post by star2515 »

I'll second Kekoa. My DH and I had a great time with them!
loria

Post by loria »

we really liked sail safaris.....go in the dell rose... nice trip great folks.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
scotties

Post by scotties »

We sailed on Kekoa in June and had a great time. Crew, snorkeling location, boat, drinks, and snacks were great. Stayed at each location long enough to really enjoy and not feel rushed.
psufan

Post by psufan »

I will add my vote for Kekoa. We were on the same trip with scotties in June. It was our first trip on Kekoa and we had a really great time.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

I'll be back on the island in December with a group of lady friends and we are in the process of finding a day trip that interests us. I've been to STJ 5 times in the last few years and somehow have never had a burning desire to hit Soggy Dollar. My thinking is that if I'm paying upwards of $200 for a day trip the last thing I want to do is cut short my time on/in the water to hit a bar. Don't get me wrong.....I can tipple with the best of them, but what's the attraction? We've been looking at day trips that bypass Soggy Dollar, but are we making a huge mistake? I'm thinking that I'd much rather make a snorkel stop somewhere rather than getting a drink or two that I can get in Cruz Bay AFTER we get off the boat. All you fans of hitting Soggy or Foxy's tell me what makes that more fun/relaxing/worth the time than other options involving snorkeling or just liming on the water. What am I missing here???? Thanks in advance everyone!!!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

WE had an amazing time with http://www.singingdogsailing.com/ Captains Kelly and Stephen are awesome!
psufan

Post by psufan »

Lindy, we are not big drinkers but love going to White Bay. That isn't to say that we don't enjoy a painkiller or 2 while we are there but it isn't the reason we go there. We enjoy White Bay for the people watching, the boat watching, and the general beach vibe. We have taken both private day sails as well as Kekoa. All include at least one snorkel stop and other activities but we end the trip on White Bay. We grab a drink, play the ring game, meet lots of other people, and chill on the beach. Our last trip on Kekoa we had lunch at One Love. It was really delicious and we enjoyed talking to the wait staff.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

We love Capt. John and Palm Tree http://www.palmtreecharters.com

You can design the day to be what you want and John is wonderful to be with!