Week of September 21-28

Travel discussion for St. John
VaDavid

Week of September 21-28

Post by VaDavid »

I have not been to the islands since 2010, who might be there the week of September 21-28. Looking forward to seeing some old friends.
ski2play

Re: Week of September 21-28

Post by ski2play »

We are on Jost through Sept 24th if you are coming our way. 8)
VaDavid

Post by VaDavid »

I am not sure what we are going to do yet, definitely relax some. Thanks
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

Looks like we will be there from Sept 18-Oct 2. Love those last minute trips!!
VaDavid

Post by VaDavid »

Now that is something I want to put on my bucket list, stay more than one week! I am afraid if I do that I will never leave, but I could think of some worse things!!!!!! Where are you staying?
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

We are staying at Rendezvous Cottage. This will be our first time staying for two weeks ... with any luck we will not be able to leave either. :D
dflannell

Post by dflannell »

Newcomer to the forum. Coming with wife, daughter, son-in-law and 20 month old granddaughter for 10 days arriving on Sept. 14. Son may come along as well. Will be first visit for son-in-law and granddaughter. We've been on the island many times over the past 25 years. I was on the island this past June with a couple of buddies for a week and we had great weather. First time we are tempting the stormy season but have fingers crossed. Staying at Grande Bay because of the desire to be near CB for the convenience of dealing with a child. Would love to hook up with anyone from the forum for a cold one on any happy hour or evening at the Beach Bar, Woody's, Castaways, etc. Still bummed about the loss of Café Roma but glad to hear they will rebuild. Our first visit was probably in 1983 or 84. Rented several villas including Tesori (first renters ever to stay there), stayed at Battery Hill a few times with the buddies, Westin many years ago and Lavendar Hill most recently with just the two of us. Stayed at Gallows back in the day when there was no AC and mosquitos the size of coconuts. Usually make our way over to Jost but after seeing how crowded it's become during my June visit, may pass on heading that way this time. The party boats seem to have simply overwhelmed Soggy Dollar by early afternoon. Looking so forward to returning to our favorite place in all the islands and introducing our first grandchild to heaven on earth.
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

Looks like we may want to try to meet up at the Beach Bar ... or if we are trying to catch up with ski2play maybe we should go for Soggy Dollar. I may or may not have a problem with decisions. :D
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

hotrns wrote:Looks like we may want to try to meet up at the Beach Bar ... or if we are trying to catch up with ski2play maybe we should go for Soggy Dollar. I may or may not have a problem with decisions. :D

All are welcome. If any are coming over to Jost please let us know. Getting so close now. :D
VaDavid

Post by VaDavid »

The days are getting closer for the trip but it seems that I have more to do every day at the office! I am looking forward to having a cold one at the Beach Bar Saturday evening, hope some of you can make it. Just hope the weather will be good for the week.