New Villa Search

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

New Villa Search

Post by mahojim »

Howdy, y'all.
Been to STJ @ 15-20 times, staying at a different home with each trip. Our last visit brought us to Villa Jumbie, which was perfect in pretty much every way; location, size,pool, a.c., cost,- you name it.
Now,I'm sure some of you folks might say to just go back to VJ, but unfortunately my sense of adventure leads me to try out yet a different spot. Looking for same criteria;- 2 bdrm,a.c., pool, Coral Bay a plus, washer/dryer would help...@ $1,750-$2,000. Have poked around the East End, Milkmoon Cottage looks pretty groovy. Pretty much open to most optionss on that side of the rock...
Have stayed at Seabiscuit,Just Enough, Island Horizons, Villa Jumbie, in Coral Bay so far.
Looking to try to get a trip planned for this fall or next spring.
Please help me sort out this probable villa search mess...
Thanks, and always-
Smiles-
MJ
Xislandgirl

Re: New Villa Search

Post by Xislandgirl »

Welcome back Jim!

I think this is in your budget
http://www.vrbo.com/176761
jenxogirl

Post by jenxogirl »

Tequila Sunrise through Windspree?
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Hey Jimmie
We have stayed at Mill Ridge before and although it is slightly over your budget ($200) I think you might be able to negotiate since its low season. :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
samoka

Post by samoka »

Check out Starlit Escape. Stayed there twice - it has everything you want - not sure about AC never needed it - price is right too. Good luck with your search - at least half the fun of planning the trip for me.
Dome526

Post by Dome526 »

Here is something that you would LOVE! Stay at Castle St. John in Coral Bay... castlestjohn.com It looks like a Castle...tell Jonathan than Tom and Debbie referred you- this will help you get a discount. This place has 2 bedrooms, and a hot tub if you like. Very cool view of Coral bay and across the water. Great view of the East End. We stayed last November, and it was fantastic. Good value too. If you have $1.4 million, it could be your's!
Tom in CT (who was a very happy renter)
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We stayed at Periwinkle Cottage in Coral Bay a few years back and know others that have stayed there few times! It's a great convenient location and price!!! http://www.vrbo.com/176761

We rented thru Great Caribbean Getaways.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

No suggestions, Jimmy, cause we mostly look at one bedroom places, but I'm glad to read that you're entertaining thoughts of another trip to the blue.....
metalmaho

Post by metalmaho »

dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Satinwood looks nice, and surprisingly affordable. Looks like no A/C, but do you really need it at that altitude? http://www.satinwood-usvi.com/

Coconut Hill Cottage is listed at $250/nt, but also says "No Reasonable Offer Will be Refused!!!" So if you like to dicker, this one might be for you. The bedroom configurations are a little quirky, but if you're traveling with family it might be perfect. http://www.vrbo.com/115186
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Mahojim,

Good to see you are headed to St John. I know this is over your price but it is new and maybe
if you are going this fall you can get a deal. You might already know about this villa.
It is called ALmost Heaven.
Let us know what you find.
Wanda
Beach Creecher
kbxx

Post by kbxx »

michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

dreamshark wrote:Satinwood looks nice, and surprisingly affordable. Looks like no A/C, but do you really need it at that altitude? http://www.satinwood-usvi.com/
I'll second Satinwood. We stayed there earlier this year and loved it. The views are amazing. We never missed the AC - the way the home is set on the hillside and with the windows, it was always very comfortable.
cool breeze

Post by cool breeze »

Hey Jim, hope all is well, I know you are familiar with the Bay House certainly fits your criteria. We have stayed there several times, a really nice little villa for the cost.
take care and glad to see you making plans for another trip.

John
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks for all lof your suggestions thus far, y'all.
CB- actually Bayhouse is on our short list, along with Mill Ridge, or another stay at Villa Jumbie.
The current front runner though, is Beach House On The Moon; thinkin' that's gonna' be the one if the prices are current/accurate on the website. Was SO excited to find Villa Serenity by Francis Bay at a wonderful price. However, it says $285/nite, and after speaking to the villa manager, it's @ $100 more per night than what their website said.
At least we're getting it narrowed down!!! Hope to take the next step soon and send a deposit. Hope to see you and Steve, Les!
Thanks again for your help,folks, and always-
Smiles-
MJ