Ferry to JVD

Travel discussion for St. John
bchbum82

Ferry to JVD

Post by bchbum82 »

I have taken the ferry to JVD once and that was years ago. I know its not recommended to buy round trip ferry tickets for RH to CB. Is it ok to buy round trip tickets for CB to JVD? Or only buy one ways? Thanks for any info.
lprof

Re: Ferry to JVD

Post by lprof »

Hey bchbum82! I think we were on that JVD ferry ride with you! 2009? :shock:

Our tickets then were round trip. I do not recall hearing that one way to JVD is better or advised.

Have a fun time!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
brenda

Post by brenda »

We have always done RT to Jost. Heard the BVI customs fee went up, so mybe a rate increase?
Going "home" again October 26th!
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I don't remember Iprof if you were with us or not. I remember it was my wife and I and 2 other couples. I remember the 6 of us decided to walk instead of taxi to White Bay and we kept waving on the taxis that would stop and ask if we wanted a ride. Ya that was one of the worst decisions in my life. HaHa.
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

We took the inter-island ferry from CB to JVD less than 2 weeks ago, you pay a total of 75.00 departing CB and a departure tax on JVD of 15.00 returning! This caught us off guard, I think if you have a group of people going over, for a few more bucks you can charter a private boat and go where ever you want for the day...
brenda

Post by brenda »

Is that departure tax $15pp? In the past, when we have taken the ferry, that was included in the fare.
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

The BVI website states that its $5/pp if your a boat passenger. I wonder how they're getting away charging $15?
brenda

Post by brenda »

I have gone to Jost on a private boat and the customs fees were MUCH less! I was surprised.(No, I am not crazy, I sat in the customs office until the employee got back from her break or whatever) And, I don't mean a private charter or ferry. Island owners. But, still interesting to know if the ferry fees will go up more or if that will be a charge when leaving Jost...
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

The departure tax went up to $15 by water on August 1st.

http://virginislandsdailynews.com/news/ ... -1.1522403