Your best day on St John

Travel discussion for St. John
EagleRayLover

Re: Your best day on St John

Post by EagleRayLover »

I had three days that top the others-1. First
Time I saw an eagle ray! 2. When I surprised Steve(Augie)!with our vow renewal with Captain John and 3.
When I got the job offer and we decided to become residents!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
2Feathers

Post by 2Feathers »

Having Trunk Bay all to ourselves late one afternoon in 2003 was awesome! Renting a dinghy one gorgeous, calm, windless day in 2004 and exploring Waterlemon for the first time was amazing! (Renting a dinghy on a rough, cloudy, windy day in 2005... not so much!) But you know, of all the great days we've had on all those amazing beaches, I think our BEST memory was an evening meal at Miss Lucy's.

June 4, 2008, our 25th anniversary, and the first time we had taken the kids to our favorite place in the world. Had a wonderful day at Salt Pond and hiking to Ram Head, then cleaned up and went to Miss Lucy's. It was uncrowded, and the food was great, but what I remember most is just the fun we had talking to our kids about how we met, what we did on dates, telling funny stories about our experiences, and laughing about how things have changed. We must have spent two hours there that night, laughing, celebrating... and realizing just how amazingly blessed we are. We probably could have had that great evening anywhere, but something about being in that amazing setting made it even greater! Not only my best day on St. John... One of the best ever!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

My best day is a toss-up.
Sure, everyday is pretty much spectacular, as I love it all so much. Favorite things-? Driving North Shore Road the first day of each trip, rolling down into Maho through that hollow of trees, and the way the air is filled so thickly and sweetly with the scents of the island makes my soul ooze with such serene excitement that I just want to get nekkid and scream and dance and shout! That never happens though... :roll:
Seeing whichever new villa for the first time is so very exciting; makes me feel like I'm on one of those tv shows where your house,bar, yard, whatever gets a makeover while you have no idea what to expect,then it's (most of the time) even more wonderful than you could've imagined.
Limin' at Aqua bistro with My Sweet Amy, or Shipwreck, Gecko Gazebo are all up there too, as well as just waking up each morning wondering what the day has in store. Grilling at whichever house for the first time, jammin' out to whatever musical selection we have rolling makes it feel like it's ours; that's a real charge. Skinny dipping anywhere / anytime available. One wish,however, is to have a bbq/pool/cocktail pot luck type party with my forum family at the villa next trip. We can meet up at bars & beach,but we love hosting & entertaining. (Don't worry, I'll keep my trunks on...)
Best day...-that's a tough one.
I'm going with a lazy one on Maho 2 years ago. We brought our usual stuff to the beach; drinks, snacks,etc...and just seriously limed out for hours upon hours. Amy sat there reading her book, and I went in and out of the water when it got too hot,then laid down on my back with my head on her beach chair and snoozed between her legs. The gentle surf was the soundtrack as I lounged in and out of naps, waking up each time to the sweetest real life dream imaginable. I love to see how happy and relaxed she is down there. I'd like to think it's a reflection of my own feelings, but I don't think I should take any type of credit for how that place makes her even more beautiful to me somehow. They belong together, STJ & Amy, and thankfully I belong with the both of them!
That was my best day on STJ, don't know how it could get any better.
Sorry so wordy. Thanks for listening!
Smiles-
MJ
Chet

Post by Chet »

EagleRayLover wrote:1. First time I saw an eagle ray!
What she said 8)
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Chet wrote:
What she said 8)

Chet- do you the first one I saw (since we were together?) or your first one?? I think that trip was called the "squeal heard around the world!"
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Chet

Post by Chet »

EagleRayLover wrote:
Chet wrote:
What she said 8)

Chet- do you the first one I saw (since we were together?) or your first one?? I think that trip was called the "squeal heard around the world!"
Cooper was my first.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
MN_Bhoy

Post by MN_Bhoy »

My wife and I (both 50) love waking up early and watching Cruz Bay come to life from our Grande Bay patio. Then we wrestle with our toughest decision of the day - hike to Solomon or grab a taxi to any of the North Shore beaches (Cinnamon is always in the running!). We hang at the beach until mid afternoon and then head to somewhere for a late lunch - usually Deli Grotto. Then it's back to the patio for a wee nap and then another tough decision - where to have dinner and drinks. We catch the end of The Beach Bar's happy hour and usually change our mind on dinner at least three times before making a final decision. The Fatty Crab is usually in the middle of most of our dinner discussions, but we are open to anyplace good. After dinner it's a few nightcaps at Motu or The Beach Bar then "home" where we get ready to do it all over again the next day!!!

For us, that is the PERFECT day on St John.

Let me add that this year we had the pleasure of spending 1/2 a day touring the Coral Bay Area with EagleRayLover. I wouldn't mind adding that to a future agenda!!!!
MN_Bhoy
Take me to 18N 64W!