Coming Back! Need Villa help

Travel discussion for St. John
sailorgirl

Coming Back! Need Villa help

Post by sailorgirl »

After five years we are returning. This trip will be first in season Easter 2014. Joining us will be a friend and her two college aged kids who will be there for only the last three days. They spent one day on STJ last year during a STT trip and fell in love.

Done the research and narrowed the list to the following. Opinions and experiences very welcome.

Stillwaters
Le Lapin II
Jazz Villa
Soul Villa
Andante By the Sea
Cielladonna
Inn Love
Blue Skys

Thanks!!!
petepie

Re: Coming Back! Need Villa help

Post by petepie »

Pipanale had a hilariously bad review of Blue Skies a couple of years ago. So I would search for that one and ask the management company if his issues were corrected before considering booking it.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Thanks, found it. I miss him around here, very funny guy!
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

We have stayed at LongView the past 2 years, which is just below Andante. In my opinion, that area of the island is ideal. You can hear the surf of Hart Bay, there's plenty of privacy, and you're a very easy drive into Cruz Bay.

The point where Andante is located provides for all day sun, which makes for a nice warm pool instead of the cold water we found up on Gifft Hill and at other places with half-day sun.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

It's been quite a few years, but we loved Jazz Villa! The pool is amazing! I wrote a review but it don't seem to be on the list anymore! I would ask when It's been updated!
Nebs

Post by Nebs »

We just came back last week from a week at Still Waters (2 adults & 4 teens). The villa is newer looking, clean, ample room, nice views. We would definitely recommend it for others that need 3 bedrooms under the same roof since we are pretty fussy villa pickers. 1 negative we experienced was the wifi...most of the week it was on/off for no apparent reason. (they were working on it when we left)

The owners of the Still Waters also own a dive shop in Cruz bay and will include snorkel gear for everyone in your party. She also allowed us to park in her parking lot at the shop when our jeep rental company ran out of space in their lot.

Mike & Michelle
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

@ Nebs, Thanks for the reply. How was the temp in the loft bedroom?
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

We loved Le Lapin II. Two bedrooms up, two down all with AC. The pool was big enough for kids to splash and swim with a great view and hammock. My only concern for you is that all bedroom doors are louvered, so sound carries and you may not feel you have enough privacy. Other than that, it was perfect.
Tickerless :(
CHM

Post by CHM »

We stayed at Inn Love in 2006. The bedrooms are spread out for privacy, but the two upper bedrooms are connected which is perfect if you have kids. This villa has recently been remodeled. It is very close to the Westin and St. John Market. We are looking at this villa for our next trip.
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

We stayed in Le Lapin II - AWESOME villa! JUST far enough out of town but not too far. Views of Hart Bay were amazing. Great pool! You will love this villa for the value! Actually considering it again for a return trip!
cool breeze

Post by cool breeze »

We stayed at Andante a few years back, the views are fantastic and you get the best of both worlds with sunrise's and sunsets. The only drawback was the decks are wide open to the sun with only a couple of small pergolas. With the southerly breeze it helps a little with the heat. The villa itself is very nice you would not be dissapointed.
Have fun planning!