You Might "Get" St. John if...

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

Re: You Might "Get" St. John if...

Post by Coden »

jmq wrote:
1q) If one of the first things you do without batting an eyelash when you get to the villa is to put the Cruzan in the refrigerator, then you might “get” STJ.
And one in the freezer for good measure!! :D
Coden
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

This is the funniest and best thread ever!!! I get it...I get it all, lol :mrgreen:
augie

Post by augie »

If your playlist contains songs in musical genres that you don't really like, but you included because they're about/remind you of STJ, you just might get it.

If you're at the produce section of your local supermarket and notice that waterlemon is on sale, you just might get it.

If you grab your bag of garbage to take with you on your way out of the house first thing in the morning, you just might get it.
Come see us!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

If you pass by the milk section at Pine Peace and head to the booze aisle for Rum Cream or Baileys for your morning coffee (cheaper than milk)
54b

Post by 54b »

augie wrote:If your playlist contains songs in musical genres that you don't really like, but you included because they're about/remind you of STJ, you just might get it.
Guilty, your honor.

1w - If you've ever set an alarm clock on vacation so that you could get up early to snag one of the few parking spots at a popular beach only to arrive at the same time as another family and then surreptitiously raced them by "walking briskly" down the beach to grab the sweet shady spot, you might "get" STJ.

(If you're a Gibney fan, you know exactly what I'm talking about...I'm sorry, yes, I did this, not one of my prouder moments on STJ :(

1z - If you've ever given your kid a coconut (that you knew he had no chance of cracking open) and told him there was treasure inside it to keep him busy long enough for you to finish your book while on the beach, you might "get" STJ.

(Don't bother calling CPS, I'm sure they already know where to find me)
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
missinstjohn

Post by missinstjohn »

If you're going on vacation starting tomorrow for a week and you're really not that excited about it because you know that exactly one YEAR from tomorrow you'll be back on the Rock for two weeks and that's your real vacation, then you "get" St John!
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

If you arrive home from vacation and go straight to the computer to check flights and villa openings (maybe even open a thread for suggestions) for your next trip to STJ then you might "get" St. John.

Love this thread! :D
LynnieGirl

Post by LynnieGirl »

You're taking your first trip to STJ and you already know everything about it and which side of the beach to grab a "sweet" spot and which side to snorkel first.

You check the forum so often that you feel like you have known these people forever but you've never met them (or haven't yet :D )
Last edited by LynnieGirl on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another day for you, you and me in Paradise...

~Tammy
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

LynnieGirl wrote:You check the form so often that you feel like you have known these people forever but you've never met them (or haven't yet :D )
You find yourself talking about Minde, 54b, Pia, etc. with your family and friends as if you have known them personally for years.
Jenn, News of St. John
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

News of St. John wrote:
LynnieGirl wrote:You check the form so often that you feel like you have known these people forever but you've never met them (or haven't yet :D )
You find yourself talking about Minde, 54b, Pia, etc. with your family and friends as if you have known them personally for years.

Some of your closest and dearest friends are those that you met on this forum. You even plan non-St. John vacations with them :)
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Xislandgirl wrote:Some of your closest and dearest friends are those that you met on this forum. You even plan non-St. John vacations with them :)
Guilty!! ;)
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

oops :oops: ...double post...again :?
Last edited by betsyv on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BetsyV

betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Most of these are sooooo Me! I think I "get" St. John!... :D

Love to drink wine in a plastic glasses.... :wink: especially the well known, and much loved "Cardboardonnay" by Franzia :lol:

Here's one:

If your more excited to pick up your VIOL/STJ Spice wristband, then that pr. of gold earrings you've been eyeing, You might "Get" St. John... :!:
BetsyV

michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

If it doesn't take you by surprise to see a donkey or even a pig in a harness walking down the beach you might "get" STJ.

If you've checked in on this thread about 6 times today you must "get" STJ 8-)

I love all the others on this thread, too!
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

betsyv wrote:Most of these are sooooo Me! I think I "get" St. John!... :D

If your more excited to pick up your VIOL/STJ Spice wristband, then that pr. of gold earrings you've been eyeing, You might "Get" St. John... :!:

hehehe that is funny! My family will be slightly alarmed when we arrive in St John and I have to go straight to Spice... especially when we're coming into the car ferry dock. LOL :lol: