5 BR Villa~

Travel discussion for St. John
stjchica

5 BR Villa~

Post by stjchica »

Hey all..
I'm looking at different villa sites now..but would appreciate any help.
Looking for a 5 BR villa with a great view and nice pool area etc. Prefer to stay less than $6000/week in summer but not sure that will be possible. If you have any villa knowledge I would appreciate it.. Thanks so much~
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
stjchica

Re: 5 BR Villa~

Post by stjchica »

Panache seems to be the best fit..although I will have to increase the budget.
I really like Ixora and the price...but no AC? I just don't think I would risk being uncomfortable sleeping, etc..
~Pam~
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

We stayed at Ixora and loved it! However we were there in February and never missed AC. In fact, some nights I closed the windows because the breeze was so strong. It really does get good breezes up there.

I hope someone who has stayed there in the summer will reply, because it's a nice villa in a great location (close to North Shore beaches, not too far from south shore beaches, and walking distance to smoothie stand!)

If you're interested, I did a villa review.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find a great villa!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We looked hard at Ristaba for an upcoming trip.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I had not seen Ristaba...
Can you tell me why you didn't rent it or any cons?
The view from the pool isn't as great as Panache and the kitchen is pretty small..but otherwise it looks like a
nice villa. Thanks for the suggestion.
~Pam~
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Because my husband preferred Kalorama.

Another on our list was Rapture.
sherban

Post by sherban »

Debolina is 5BR all under one roof if you count the loft as a BR...I liked it.

My recent review is posted on the forum, glad to answer any questions on it...
ShelleyZ

Post by ShelleyZ »

Take a look at Casa Luna. Friends have stayed there and loved it. They're going back for a second stay this summer. Good luck searching!
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

Eden's Whim has 5 bedrooms with AC in the bedrooms. We stayed there two years ago and loved it. Great outside and pool area. The villa was perfect for our group.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Do you need 5 equal bedrooms? If four equal king bedrooms and a media room by the pool with a sleeper sofa (like with a couple teens or a single person) would work ....Acqua Blu would work great. It is owned by Dale Miller, and you can find it on VRBO listed in Boatman Point ! The views are incredible !! The home spacious and the pool area is the best we have enjoyed. Good luck with your search !! You will also find it listed with some rental agencies...but we rented straight through the owner. He is great to work with !! It would def. be in your budget in off season. And Dale will work with you on the price.

Sherry in SC :)
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Are there any kids in your group? If there is a situation where kids could stay in an adjoining area but still separate from the adults then Blue Papaya might work for you. It's a gorgeous villa in Virgin Grand Estates and has a fantastic view towards St. Croix. It's advertised as four bedrooms, but one of the bedrooms has a separate sitting area with two day beds that would work great for kids. It doesn't have it's own ensuite bath but there is a half bath immediately next to it off of the pool level of the house. The kids could use the shower in the bedroom but still have access to a half bath if the bathroom is occupied. We actually did that sort of arrangement with adults and it worked just fine. Here's a link to the info:

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/image. ... lue_papaya%
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

John and I rented Francis Bay Estate last summer. It has 5 large bedrooms and a lovely swimming pool. You can walk to Francis Bay from the house. Walkable beach access is pretty rare for St. John and we loved that feature. I did a detailed review of the house in the review section.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
petepie

Post by petepie »

We stayed at Vistaero a few years ago with a group of 12, and it was great. Beautiful view, large pool and deck areas, hot tub, a/c in bedrooms, and the bedrooms were equal all with their own baths. When we stayed in May 09, the house was in good shape, but I noticed a couple of reviews afterwards complaining about maintenance, so ask about upkeep if you look into renting it. I would definitely stay again with a large group.
kklay

Post by kklay »

I also have stayed at Vistaero (I think it was November of 2010) and really enjoyed the villa. The only issue we found was once of the couples said their bedroom smelled "musty", this might have been fixed by now. Lots of inside and outside living space and a wonderful view. We ran out of propane the one day and the mgmt company was very quick to bring a full bottle. The kitchen was great if you are planning on cooking some meals - easy for more than one person to help out - good counter space.

Good luck in your search!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Avalon was nice.