Pic's Pics & Report 2013 - Vol. 2 (Final)

Travel discussion for St. John
ccinhbg

Re: Pic's Pics & Report 2013 - Vol. 2 (Final)

Post by ccinhbg »

great pictures. thanks for sharing
Laura T

Post by Laura T »

Love, love, love your trip report and pictures!
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

cptn - when I'm looking for elusive creatures like eels and octopuses among the reef/rocks, I, too, often wonder what's possibly passing by me and I never know. And when I'm looking around for large swimming creatures, I might be passing right by interesting little creatures. Makes me wish I had two pairs of eyes that see near and far. That would probably creep you out and you wouldn't want to snorkel with me then!

MN_Bhoy - sharks are around but I, personally, still don't see them that often when snorkeling from the shore around St. John. But I am comparing that to our experiences at other locations in the world, where multiple sharks were cruising around us all the time and we had to keep our eyes on them in order to make (hopefully) quick, wise decisions, which wasn't exactly relaxing. We find the snorkeling around St. John to be relaxing, at least when entering from the shore (don't know about boat trips) and I'm usually more concerned about currents than anything else.

Again, I very much appreciate all your kind comments!
CBama

Post by CBama »

thanks for posting...really enjoyed..
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Awesome TR!!
You always take amazing photos! So nice of the lemon shark to bid you farewell on your last snorkel. What a treasure! Thanks again for taking the time to write!

The little lemon was cruising the shallows in January at Maho. I wonder if one of those you saw was the same and if it's much bigger by now? So interesting!

Again, thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!!
AH

Post by AH »

Thank you for your report. Thank you for your pictures. Thank you for sharing St. John with those of us who have been away from her for too long. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
AH