Villas with on-site caretakers

Travel discussion for St. John
greyhoundmom

Re: Villas with on-site caretakers

Post by greyhoundmom »

I would like to piggy back to replies; Randy posted Adeste's website, this will be our third stay at Adeste, Chris and Charlie are wonderful on site owners Coral Bay. You never see them unless you need them, we love their home. Randy, RM is still on our to do list! The other recommendation about Orion's on Ajax is a good one. Spent two weeks there a few years ago, beautiful construction, previous owners have since sold. Don't know if the weekly rental is still 2800 for 4.
petepie

Post by petepie »

Wow! You guys are fast. I'll check out the ones mentioned.

We have stayed in villas before, but with a large group of a few families. But if it's just our family, I like the idea of having someone else on the property, my thinking is the more people around a property, the less appealing it will be to theives.

Seagrape, if you go for an on-site set up, I'd recommend allowing kids in the rental - when you travel with kids, you've already given up some privacy, so it's not as big a concern as it might be for an adult group.
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

My good friends, Brian and Katie, live on site at this beautiful villa in Fish Bay. I didn't notice how many were in your group and what time of year you wanted to visit. Here is their Facebook page and their website.

http://www.kamabesuvilla.com/
https://www.facebook.com/KamabesuVilla
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Lunazul in Coral bay....beautiful views! The owners, Stan and Kathy live on the property...great people!!
Image[/url]
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I personally would not rent a place with an on-site caretaker. I totally understand why some of you would like that amenity though which is why I wanted to mention a place that I love the look of (but it has an on-site caretaker so I won't ever rent it!) Moonswept, in Coral Bay. Here is the website:

http://www.moonsweptstjohn.com/

Outstanding views and I like the interior as well.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

liamsaunt wrote:I personally would not rent a place with an on-site caretaker. I totally understand why some of you would like that amenity though which is why I wanted to mention a place that I love the look of (but it has an on-site caretaker so I won't ever rent it!) Moonswept, in Coral Bay. Here is the website:

http://www.moonsweptstjohn.com/

Outstanding views and I like the interior as well.

I totally agree with you. No desire to have onsite caretakers. Its a privacy thing for us and have never had any issue with 'thieves". We keep all our valuables in the villa safe.
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

greyhoundmom wrote:I would like to piggy back to replies; Randy posted Adeste's website, this will be our third stay at Adeste, Chris and Charlie are wonderful on site owners Coral Bay. You never see them unless you need them, we love their home. Randy, RM is still on our to do list! The other recommendation about Orion's on Ajax is a good one. Spent two weeks there a few years ago, beautiful construction, previous owners have since sold. Don't know if the weekly rental is still 2800 for 4.
Is Chris a nurse at Myra Keating Hospital? If so I met her and Charlie several times but never connected them to Adeste. Thanks for the info.
poidog

Post by poidog »

GotToGetAway wrote:If a 1 BR with pullout couch and next door studio would work for you, consider Sugar Bird Nest and Dreams together. It could offer each some privacy, and it would come in far under budget. They share an outside deck space so you would still feel like a group. It's especially good if you're an animal lover, the caretaker Lee has 1 dog and 2 cats that make frequent visits.
We love Gigi! That little dog would run down in the morning and get some loving from us before she ran back up stairs for her breakfast! Lee is the sweetest thing. We've stayed with her several times before. The units are clean and comfy. Lee will invite you upstairs for cocktails and piano playing at night to watch the sunset, she does such a wonderful job making you feel welcome. This is an owner occupied home with 2 guest units below.
Follow our building blog @ Seas the Day Villa STJ