Renting a jeep on STT is tempting... should I??

Travel discussion for St. John
Myheart'sinSTJ

Re: Renting a jeep on STT is tempting... should I??

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Not 100% positive but I don't think Avis lets their vehicles go to STJ. Avis does not have the best reviews on TripAdvisor either :shock:
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

I have always rented a car from Avis..... for the past 5 years, 4 of which we stayed on St John, and Avis didn't seem to have an issue with that at all. All of our experiences with Avis have been fine, and without issue. We are renting from them again this December, but this time will rent a 4 door jeep, as we will have my brother/wife with us, and want to be able to get to some places (like Lameshur) that we have been unable to get to with a car.
Image[/url]
Connie

Post by Connie »

philbetm wrote::shock: Please don't say that about Budget ! We have 2 jeeps rented for our group starting mid-June.....Don't know where else I could get one this late in the game . :cry: Oh...here comes the worries again....noooooo.

Sherry in S.C.

"Sherry's Living in Paradise" ( I wish)
Please try not to worry, but we will never rent from them again, no matter what their prices are. I don't want to get into them overbooking, but we've been through it twice. Never again.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

With the help of a super nice person that lives on STJ ,( won't call His name, but He owns Villa Acqua Blu ) we now have a great Jeep reserved with Amalie Car Rental. Have never used them before...but I know that all the Forumites that have rented from them....rave about how good the experience was for them.
So HAPPY and no worries ! :D

Sherry in S.C.

p.s. we stayed in that home last June...amazing...and views to die for...just saying! :lol:
" I believe there's Magic here...."
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Ahhh - that's good news, Sherry. Yes, you can definitely relax now. Good for you!
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Sherry glad to hear you are going with Amalie, never used them but hear they are stellar! If you don't mind could you send me a PM regarding their cost? I'm trying to figure out what to do for August :) Thanks!
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

I have rented on STJ and STT with a few different companies (not to mention rentals within the US mainland). The service and vehicle we rented from Amalie were the best I've ever experienced. You won't be disappointed, Sherry.
Tickerless :(