A special Forumite

Travel discussion for St. John
cool breeze

A special Forumite

Post by cool breeze »

I felt compelled to share this story and show how far reaching this forum actually is. I will begin by thanking Anthony for this great place to meet new people and share life's experiences. My son is currently serving in Afghanistan on his 3rd deployment and as anyone who knows or has a family member or friend in harms way understands how much these wonderful men & women appreciate getting care packages which brings me to why I am sharing this story. Our fellow forumite (TracyfromWI) along with her church continues to send care packages to the troops in AFG. including my son and I cannot begin to tell you how much that means to my wife and I but also how much my son appreciates the thoughtfulness as well. Tracy whom recently contacted me to let me know that another package was going out to him is a special person to me and I have not even met her. With all of our mutual love for ST John I only hope one day our paths will cross on our little piece of paradise so I can thank her in person. The outpouring of support that this forum dedicates towards the ACC, Wounded Warriors and fellow forumites when in need is simply heartwarming and in a time where it is often difficult to hear anything positive these stories remind us that there are special people that care.
Thank you again Tracy

John & Cindy
stjchica

Re: A special Forumite

Post by stjchica »

That is so great. Great job Tracy...
And hugs & prayers to you John and Cindy..I know that must be difficult.
Huge thanks to your son for serving~
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
loria

Post by loria »

that is truly a wonderful thing-- thank you tracey and thank you to your son, cool breeze.....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Fisheye

Post by Fisheye »

We hold a special place in our hearts for those serving in harm's way. Tracy and her care packages are a wonderful way to show we remember them! We , too are part of a care pkg routine. Nice to hear it's widely enjoyed.
Thank you.
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

Great story, Thanks for sharing and many thanks to your son for serving. This is a great forum with some very caring people. Your read all kinds of things about the dangers of the internet, but I have seen some wonderful things happen on this forum. I have been the reciepient of many prayers from here myself. Thanks Anthony for creating this forum, I hope it has exceeded your expectations.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I gave Tracy the name and address of a friend's son who is also in Afganistan. I told her that my cousin told me when she got back that the best packages have Oreos in them. When I asked why, she said it's the only form of chocolate they can get that doesn't melt.

My friend said she got a call from her son, and he wanted to know if she knew someone in a Wisconsin church because he got a package from them. She asked her soldier if the package had Oreos. He said yes it did. She laughed and said she knew about the package.

Although we owe a great debt of gratitude to the troops and their families who are willing to serve, we are also indebted to the people, like Tracy and her church, who support them from home. The words "thank you" never seem to be enough.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Tracy has also taken care of a dad of one of my therapy kiddos who was shipped out..she is so wonderful- she got his special requests of missed items and shipped them!! In addition, she was at the Boston Marathon and reachednoutnto one of my good friends who was stuck in a bar across the street and told her she could come to her hotel! Lastly- my first night on island when i was tired, starving,dehydrated,and couldn't fin my new rental cottage- she took me in and shared her amazing Grande Bay rental with me! She made my very emotional first night as an Island resident wonderful!!
Thank you sweetheart! I am proud to be your friend :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Pia

Post by Pia »

Les and I are proud to have Tracy (and her hubby Juicy) as our friends - loyal, generous, kind, caring, compassionate (and the list goes on) truly wonderful, wonderful people.

Love you Tracy (and Juicy :) ) xxx

Pia

ps: should anyone here be looking for a rental unit at Grande Bay Tracy owns 2 units - wonderful way to give back to a wonderful family that gives so much and I know she would never openly let people know about her rentals so I am doing it for her :)
Realtor - St John Properties
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Pia wrote:Les and I are proud to have Tracy (and her hubby Juicy) as our friends - loyal, generous, kind, caring, compassionate (and the list goes on) truly wonderful, wonderful people.

Pia

ps: should anyone here be looking for a rental unit at Grande Bay Tracy owns 2 units - wonderful way to give back to a wonderful family that gives so much and I know she would never openly let people know about her rentals so I am doing it for her :)
I hope to use Tracy next year in July if I can get all our scheduling right
Betty

Post by Betty »

Tracy is an angel on earth!!! Tracy quietly donates her time to many organizations and gives back whenever she can! I honestly have never met anyone as humble and selfless as Tracy. I have told her this before and I will say it again, "I aspire to be as kind and charitable as you Tracy" Jim and I are honored to count Tracy and Juice as friends for life!!! xoxo

Thank you John and Cindy for recognizing our favorite Tracy from Wi.. And thank you to your son for his service to our country!!!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Wow. I'll admit that I am sitting here with tears in my eyes and so humbled by all your kind words. Truly humbled.

Some of you know that this has been a very rough week for my family and just yesterday I was yelling at God and asking for help. (Sorry God!).

You all have played a role in answering my prayers today so I thank you.

It has been my pleasure to send care packages and although I can not wait for the day when they are no longer needed, I hope we can provide a little bit of support to those families who are sacrificing so much.

Again, I thank you.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
strat62

Post by strat62 »

Pia wrote:Les and I are proud to have Tracy (and her hubby Juicy) as our friends - loyal, generous, kind, caring, compassionate (and the list goes on) truly wonderful, wonderful people.

Pia

we've stayed at her grande bay studio and it is terrific!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Tracy in WI wrote:Wow. I'll admit that I am sitting here with tears in my eyes and so humbled by all your kind words. Truly humbled.

Through that humility, you need to understand that we recognize it and it is well deserved.

Some of you know that this has been a very rough week for my family and just yesterday I was yelling at God and asking for help. (Sorry God!).

Don't worry He can handle it.

You all have played a role in answering my prayers today so I thank you.

It has been my pleasure to send care packages and although I can not wait for the day when they are no longer needed, I hope we can provide a little bit of support to those families who are sacrificing so much.

Again, I thank you.
JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

That's just awesome, Tracy you sound like an amazing person and thank you so much for doing that.

Heidi
*mom of a soldier deploying to Afghanistan this November*
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I, too, am in the Tracy from WI fan club! You hang in there girl- you have a ton of people in your corner, and all for good reason- you and Juice are very special people!

It's been a while since I have been on here and I have missed it- need to get back over here.