Kekoa vs Bad Kitty

Travel discussion for St. John
jaybfloyd

Kekoa vs Bad Kitty

Post by jaybfloyd »

Hi all, if you would be so kind as to give me some insight on which is better. I read that the Bad Kitty goes to 5 different stops because the boat is more of a powerboat than a sailboat. The Kekoa trip takes you snorkeling at a couple spots and then to JVD. Here are my questions:

1. Is the Bad Kitty cruising through the water at a good pace? My initial thought was that it kinda takes away from the limin experience.

2. Do you feel rushed at each stop on Kitty? I love JVD and was wondering if they only spent a short amount of time because of the many stops. I know its 8-4 but does anyone know the itinerary?

3. Are the accommodations on each similar? Food and open bar.

Thanks so much! Love the forum. My first stop when I get into work. Probably should be work but....
Jeff&Cindy

Re: Kekoa vs Bad Kitty

Post by Jeff&Cindy »

Can't answer about Bad Kitty. We've been on Kekoa each of the last two years... same itinerary too. May even be booking it again next year. Very relaxing day, with a pretty long stay at White Bay. Open bar and snacks. Very professionally run, but still a really fun group to hang out with for the day. My fear is that hitting more stops would take away from the relaxing time or the time at Jost.

Here's a great video to get you psyched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaRmkSHt ... r_embedded
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Thank you! Awesome video! That was my thought too.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I also can't speak about Bad Kitty (though I saw it from the dock and it looked a little tighter than Kekoa), but I LOVED our day on Kekoa. We had Jamison as the captain, he also built the boat, and he was outstanding. Very professional but also very laid back. It was very enjoyable. I also loved having more time at White Bay. The boat itself is purpose built for day sails by hand (by Jamison and his brothers) and is absolutely gorgeous.
quetsch

Post by quetsch »

Hi- We sailed with Kekoa last November and I have to say that it was one of the
best sails we have ever had- the day was perfect-not rushed, good snorkeling and
plenty of time on Jost- I highly recommend Kekoa.
neisyb

Post by neisyb »

Just posted about Bad Kitty in my trip report. I felt like we were herded like a bunch of cows. The boat is small with very limited outdoor seating and as usual there were the Prima Donnas who refused to let anyone else have their good seats upstairs. As we were waiting to take off, the Kekoa came in to dock and the minute we saw her, we knew we had made the WRONG choice. She is a good looking catamaran and we regret not booking her instead of the Bad Kitty.
Visited the Baths for a very short amount of time, then went to Cooper Island Beach Club-the only reason I picked the Bad Kitty. Not the best of lunches and quite pricey-you pay for it yourself. Again, very very rushed. Last stop was White Bay, again very very rushed but I guess that's the nature of the beast. I would not do this again!
Ali

Post by Ali »

We have done both. Definitely Kekoa wins hands down. Have done their White Bay trip and their St. John snorkel trip. Both where fabulous. The crew is top notch, loved the St. John snorkel trip better than Jost trip - only because we have done White Bay a lot in the past. Lunch was from Sam and Jacks and we enjoyed lots of boat time and limin.
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Thanks everyone! Kekoa it is!!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

neisyb wrote:Just posted about Bad Kitty in my trip report. I felt like we were herded like a bunch of cows. The boat is small with very limited outdoor seating and as usual there were the Prima Donnas who refused to let anyone else have their good seats upstairs. As we were waiting to take off, the Kekoa came in to dock and the minute we saw her, we knew we had made the WRONG choice. She is a good looking catamaran and we regret not booking her instead of the Bad Kitty.
Visited the Baths for a very short amount of time, then went to Cooper Island Beach Club-the only reason I picked the Bad Kitty. Not the best of lunches and quite pricey-you pay for it yourself. Again, very very rushed. Last stop was White Bay, again very very rushed but I guess that's the nature of the beast. I would not do this again!
Ditto..I would add that the crew was very nice and the Captain as well...but most definetly felt rushed and herded..
[/url]