Suggestions for us in Coral Bay?

Travel discussion for St. John
mindehankins

Re: Suggestions for us in Coral Bay?

Post by mindehankins »

Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm looking at all of them, and appreciate your help!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

OK! I've gone through all of the suggestions, and I'm down to this list:

Tequila Sunrise - I question it's privacy and will write to Windspree, also, appears to have little sun at the pool.

Spyglass - any comments from anyone?

Island Dreams - Perfect all around for us. More limited availability.

Sun Moon and Stars - perfect view and on one level. Any comments?

In Harmony Retreat - Perfect! Any comments?

Coconut Hill - Perfect! I wonder what type of internet availability they have.

Daffodil Villa I also love though it's a different view. It's also above budget but I'm going to ask them if they'd accept $2500.

Priorities being: PRIVACY (Blaine's calling this our nakation), AC Bedrooms, that upper view down island, pool, and $2500 or less. Inside access to bedrooms or no outside stairs to get to bedrooms (afraid of falling). Screened porch and easy drive would be nice but they're low priority.

Would love your thoughts! This is going to be a really fun, different nakation ;)
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Minde...
What were your thoughts on Waterlemon?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

Minde,

I had asked Windspree about private pool area's before. Here are the ones that they recommended. This is what they wrote back to me below.

Lille Paradis – - http://www.windspree.com/home.php/19/Lille%20Paradis
1 bedroom, plus 1 sleeping loft, 2 baths, in a very special, secluded off-the-beaten track location. A 3- minute walk down a foot path to the beach at Kiddle Bay, perfect for snorkeling. Lovely pool and spa with exposed deck—perfect for sunning or star gazing. Comfortable house with amenities. A/C throughout, Internet/Cable

Tequila Sunrise – http://www.windspree.com/home.php/17/Seabiscuit
2 bedroom, 2.5 baths. Pool, spa and nice deck. Comfortable amenities, full of charm. AC in bedrooms. Internet/Cable

Memory Daze – May 1 through Jan 1 only –
http://www.windspree.com/home.php/16/Memory%20Daze
2 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3 pods. Beautiful, elegant luxury villa with pool and fabulous patio, gourmet kitchen, lovely appointments of detail and furnishings. A/C in bedrooms, Internet, Cable

Palladio’s View – http://www.windspree.com/home.php/46/Pa ... %20View%20
3 bedrooms, 2 baths with pool. Great views with lots of outdoor areas
These are the properties I feel have the privacy you seek near the pool area.
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Minde,

We picked this one up for less than $100 over your budget for our upcoming trip to St John. Wish we weren't going to miss each other by days this trip.

Villa Gin de Mer

http://www.vrbo.com/408124
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Ski - You found a beauty there, and the East end is not out of the question, for some day. This is our first time out of Cruz Bay....working that direction, anyway. Would be wonderful to escape NY and hang with another New Yorker :)
StJChica - Waterlemon is lovely! Love the views, but no AC is a deal breaker for Blaine. I've so enjoyed looking at all these beautiful places - it's like taking a vacation right at my computer!
Mom to boys - That was very helpful! Thank you so much, for sharing.

For those researching in the future, In Harmony Retreat is off the list. And thank you all VERY much for your help. I have looked at every single place!
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Oooh, ooh, one more! This one is just perfect for you, Minde. If you liked "In Harmony Retreat," you'll love Villa Madeline: http://www.windspree.com/home.php/40/Vi ... adeline%20

Top of the hill location should give you all the breeze you need to keep bugs off the pool deck and wraparound shady porch. But just in case - full A/C (unusual at that altitude). Private, but close to "downtown" Coral Bay. Both a pool and a hot tub. And it's so very pretty - island stone work, tile roof, turquoise shutters, airy interior with lovely tile floors. $2450 off-season.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Madeline is beautiful, but it looks like lower views than we're hoping for. On the list, though! Glad someone suggested Windspree. The views we really want are at Sun, Moon and Stars, One Particular Harbor, and Island Dreams.... It's fun and not stressful, searching this far out from the trip. Usually I'm feeling all overwhelmed, but I'm making lists, and looking place by place for our real musts - AC bedroom, high up view, privacy and pool.
ShelleyZ

Post by ShelleyZ »

Skyridge is really quite wonderful. The views over Sir Francis Drake Channel are mesmerizing. It's extremely comfortable -- very private with nice pool and outdoor showers.

We also really like Satinwood. Again, terrific views and comfortable.

Happy hunting!

Oh, and did you look at Notre Ciel? You truly are on top of the world there -- very private. Don't remember about air conditioning, but we never needed it with the splendid breezes.
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Villa Jumbie was nice. I just posted a review on this. We stayed there in January. Although the sunrise was not direct for us at that time of year, I would think Fall would be sunrise city at this villa. :)
Please feel free to read my review........ and thanks of posting this question - we're taking the family next year and love the Coral Bay area. :)

By the way, Minde.... Island Roots is a boat charter right out of Coral Bay if you plan to do that at all on this trip. What makes it so fun is that if you're heading BVI's, you circle St. John ---posted review on Tripadvisor.

:D Have a blast!!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Minde, we stayed at OPH last year and would recommend it!
The view is insanely awesome. The house is very well maintained with easy (in island terms) access. The kitchen was very well stocked and there were numerous coolers, chairs, noodles, etc. for taking to the beach.

We found it to be very private. The pool was a little chilly for us but the outside space was nice for louging and the covered porch on the living level was great for watching the sunrise.
There are stairs. Quite a few. It did not bother us at all, but that could be an issue for some.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Thanks Minde!
Didn't realize it didn't have AC....it helps to run things by someone else..I'm glad you pointed that out!
Good luck on your search!! :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

No problem,Pam! I notice something new every time I look at these places. That's what got Blaine to thinking we should go see a couple in person.
I keep finding more and more to rule in or rule out. OPH for instance -I don't know if those stairs would present me with a problem...
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Hi Minde,
Livin' is right by Island Dreams. We stayed there our first trip to St. John and were ready to move :) I love the views from there! Also check out Lunazul. It's a 2 BR with great views as well. The owners, Stan and Kathy are a pleasure! Happy villa searching!!
Image[/url]
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Referring to SMS does that mean "Sun Moon Stars?"

What is OPH?