Passports for my kids

Travel discussion for St. John
Hawaii

Passports for my kids

Post by Hawaii »

Hi everyone - Thought I would ask the experts. My husband and I have passports but our kids have expired so they need new ones. How do I go about doing this? Our daughter will be 12 and our son will be 16 in July. My guess is I have to go to the local courthouse and do this. Our trip is this summer and can not come soon enough. It has been a rough last couple of weeks ( husband's brother killed in snowmobile accident in Michigan) Really looking forward to this trip and some warm weather. Thanks everyone.
rImage
Jumbiegirl

Re: Passports for my kids

Post by Jumbiegirl »

The renewal with our daughter took about 15 minutes. The three of us went to the Post Office, got her picture there and sent her old passport in along with the renewal application. We got it back about 3 weeks later. Here are the rules for under 16:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/mi ... s_834.html
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
Nebs

Post by Nebs »

For US citizens, a passport is not required to St. John. Check out www.visitusvi.com it will explain the requirements in detail. An expired passport or any other government issued photo identification accompanied with a birth certificate will do.
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

We are taking a boat trip with Captain John to the BVI so we need to update the kids passports.
rImage
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Post office is the easiest way did mine in Jan had it back in 3 weeks
Tom
ccinhbg

Post by ccinhbg »

Just renewed mine at the post office. They took the picture made sure everything was filled out correctly. Took maybe 5 minutes. Got my new one back in the mail about two weeks later. The guy at the PO said they say it will take six weeks without expedited service but he knew it was about two based on others he processed.