In a Quandary...Which Restaurant for Birthday Dinner

Travel discussion for St. John
Bumblebee2

In a Quandary...Which Restaurant for Birthday Dinner

Post by Bumblebee2 »

I'm planning for our April week in St. John. St. John has so many fantastic dining choices that I'm having a hard time deciding on which one to pick for my birthday dinner. Any advice?
stjchica

Re: In a Quandary...Which Restaurant for Birthday Dinner

Post by stjchica »

Give some more info and I'm sure you will get some great suggestions...
How many people? Do you want a fun atmosphere, or more romantic? Is a great view important? What kind of food do you like? Do you want casual or more upscale? Lots of choices. You are going to have a great birthday!! :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

While Shipwreck is our favorite "regular" restaurant on the island, Zozo's is our favorite "expensive" restaurant. I just love their food. We eat at the bar, but be forewarned that at sunset that bar can be VERY hot and VERY sunny, so plan accordingly. You will sweat!
UF Prof

Post by UF Prof »

The Terrace has good ambiance and service, the food is nicely presented, on the more expensive side.
The Italian restaurant under the Cruz Bay hotel is very good, nice atmosphere, good service; we only had the pizza but it was very good.
Rhumblines is in a courtyard, food is good, pleasant surroundings, reasonably priced for St John.
Its been a hell of a ride, destination still unknown!
patr

Post by patr »

I celebrated a milestone birthday on island a few years ago. We started w/ drinks at High Tide, then went to Beach Bar for appetizers, then on to Lime Inn for main entree, dessert was at Banana Deck, and then back to Beach Bar for after dinner drinks - a great evening!
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I like patr's idea..But I would add in there Morgan's Mango for main entree or dessert. Very nice atmosphere. Low lighting, romantic, etc..
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Bumblebee2

Post by Bumblebee2 »

Thanks so much for all the great info :D

More about me and our group: There will just be 4 of us (2 couples). We like almost all kinds of food but especially seafood. We've been to Asolare, Morgan's Mango, and The Lime Inn and had great experiences at all of them. We could go back to one of them or try something new. My birthday falls on a Sunday but I don't know if that would have any bearing on our choice.