$35 Million house in the USVI??

Travel discussion for St. John
hoosierdaddy

Re: $35 Million house in the USVI??

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Why build something of that magnitude and then try to sell it? Thats a very excpensive spec home!
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

I'm of the opinion that you can't have too many gorilla statues. Although the gorilla looks a little lost up there in the foliage. I think it would look better in one of the living rooms, like the glorious teak elephants marching through the living room of Villa Coyaba. :lol:
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

shoemak38 wrote:
stjchica wrote:I was thrown by the bar stools too. They kind of look like a boat seat?
The sitting area with the red cushions is gorgeous...Could get used to that vew :D
The forum can buy and we would have a new TV show Real Housewife of St Thomas, filmed at the house. Each week a new set of forum wife's will be filmed (hushand to). The show would pay airfare and mortgage. And we get free vacations :wink:
Count me in!! The house is so over the top that I want to check it out, but alas...or should I say "Arrrgh"...it's on STT! :lol:
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I just had to look at the pictures again, kind of like when you pass a car wreck. It is very Vegas meets STT. Way too formal for me. I do like that outside seating area but that is about it. Could anyone actually walk around that house in a bathing suit and feel comfortable?
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

My husband said he would put the gorilla in the nest (anyone else see the birds nest by the pool?) and toss the whole affair over the edge.

He also wondered if any a Sotheby's is smart enough to be doing searches for comments about the listing.
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

It's mostly nice, if extremely oversized... And it looks like a fortune was spent on furnishings, until they got to the bar stools! They look like they were bought at K-Mart!!

Favorite room is definitely the "nursery". Awesome bunk beds! Oh well, it's on St. Thomas, I can never live there. I'll have to put my $35 million back in the bank! :lol:
Connie

Post by Connie »

I think the house is beautiful. I think the view is gorgeous. Just because it's on STT doesn't make it any less valuable.

Sometimes it makes me sad that some people don't see the beauty of STT :|
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

I have to agree with you, Connie. The house is a bit ostentatious for me, but I like the house without the furnishings. I know how frustrated you must be like I am that people have not taken the time to drive around and see the beautiful areas. They continue with their remarks not caring how they might be hurting others. We love STT as well as STJ and have been visiting for over 45 years.

Janet
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Connie wrote: Sometimes it makes me sad that some people don't see the beauty of STT :|
When we stayed on STT, the inn keeper "scolded" us for going to STJ when there was so much to do on STT. I have a friend in our hometown from ST. Croix and she just shakes her head, she can't understand why we go to an island "with nothing to do" when we could go to St. croix instead.
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

My husband and I had a small taste of both islands when we were on a cruise years ago. We loved what we saw on both islands so much, we decided to come back this year for our 40th Anniversary. We will stay a week on St. John and a week on St. Thomas. From my research, I think there will to be plenty to enjoy on both. A nice mix of relaxation, and adventure. Diversity is the spice of life! :wink:
BetsyV